Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama

2 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I think Alabama ends up number two and that’s only because of the football atmosphere 

The problem for Alabama will always be that basketball is a second class citizen there compared with football.  Spring football would trump March madness.  Here, he has already seen the frenzy known as the IU basketball fan base.  The status you have as an IU basketball player, for the rest of your life, is off the charts here.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The problem for Alabama will always be that basketball is a second class citizen there compared with football.  Spring football would trump March madness.  Here, he has already seen the frenzy known as the IU basketball fan base.  The status you have as an IU basketball player, for the rest of your life, is off the charts here.  

I absolutely agree 1000%

• Like 2

6 hours ago, slojoe said:

Perhaps he was right, but the Celts made a counteroffer -- i.e., President of the team -- that was too lucrative to turn down.

Not what happened. Celtics aren't paying him 70 million. Had very little if anything to do with the Celtics but this thread is about Clowney.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

In the game of recruiting sometimes the smallest of things can turn the tide for 1 team over the others. I chance meeting with someone, a cant explain it kind of connection that just says this is the right place. 

Or the wrong place. 

I know a guy whose daughter was visiting colleges. Her pre-visit top choice college had a visitation weekend where they put the kids up in a dorm to get the full experience. After the visit, she told her Dad that she changed her mind and didn't want to attend there anymore. She said that students didn't seem happy there. She enrolled elsewhere. Later she shared that her roommate that weekend had just broken up with her boyfriend and cried all weekend. So, it really had nothing to do with the college. You never know with young kids. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DC2345 said:

His info on Brad was right. He and many others inside the athletic department thought Brad was coming. His info is very well sourced. 

After reading my post, I didn't mean it to sound like I'm knocking that poster, I love reading the inside scoop people bring, I just meant to say I'm not getting my hopes up until he signs.

• Like 2

• KDB changed the title to Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama