High School Hoops '21-'22

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, it's legit.  I don't think they said it publicly, but it's all over local rumor mills that they felt the local talent was stronger at the 2A level.  That may well be true, but what's their goal...to win a sectional? 🤣🤣🤣

They wouldn't have been in our sectional anyway. Thats weird. Really weird. 

I assume they would have been in Lintons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Correct.  Just a bad look for a state champ, IMO.  They should welcome playing the best.  They'll have to play Linton in conference anyway.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think Sullivan might have been moving down from 3A to 2A. Would they replace them in their sectional? Maybe since that was a weak sectional they think it’s easier path to get out next couple years?

Edited by dgambill

Just now, dgambill said:

I think Sullivan might have been moving down. Would they replace them in their sectional? Maybe since that was a weak sectional they think it’s easier path to get out next couple years?

It's a long way from guaranteed they'll win a 3A sectional. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Sullivan might have been moving down from 3A to 2A. Would they replace them in their sectional? Maybe since that was a weak sectional they think it’s easier path to get out next couple years?

Idk but Beech Grove brings back like 7 of their top 8 and will be in 3A. 

North Daviess wouldn't play them until the semi state, but 🤷‍♂️... yeah 3A in the South.. imo was a 2 team race for next year with BG and BC, but BC is going to 2A.... and ND signed up for Beech Grove? Lol 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Correct.  Just a bad look for a state champ, IMO.  They should welcome playing the best.  They'll have to play Linton in conference anyway.

They beat Linton last year though. Not sure why they don’t think they can win that sectional? So strange indeed.

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It's a long way from guaranteed they'll win a 3A sectional. 

Oh of course…I’m so confused…as is my family. All they said was that they are likely better than the local 3A schools that they might likely get placed in and the sectional probably would be close to home (Princeton/Washington??) Honestly just moving away from Barr Reeve and Lagoottee should have been enough a prize for them. I’ve been away for awhile and I can’t keep up with who would be in their new sectional and likely regional if they went to 3A….but it seems short sighted to just want to get out of sectional with a buzz saw after that instead of winning a competitive 2A sectional with a chance to move forward after that. Who knows??

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You've heard/seen the sectional lineups?  Is the info available to public?

Nope. 

But.. our area of the state, in 2A.. basically process of elimination/historically how we have seen the sectional lineups before. 

"Pretty sure Brownstown will be in Providences sectional" 

Believe we will have that info in 2-3 weeks. 

Edited by btownqb

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Nope. 

But.. our area of the state, in 2A.. basically process of elimination/historically how we have seen the sectional lineups before. 

"Pretty sure Brownstown will be in Providences sectional" 

Believe we will have that info in 2-3 weeks. 

I dont know.  The 2A sectional down here has flopped around quite a bit.  Henryville, for example, has been at Paoli, Crawford County, and Southwestern all in the last 10 years.  

Just now, 5fouls said:

I dont know.  The 2A sectional down here has flopped around quite a bit.  Henryville, for example, has been at Paoli, Crawford County, and Southwestern all in the last 10 years.  

River schools move some. Like the last ten years we were in 2A, Providence was in our sectional, at least. Dont have info before that to know.  

No chance we will be in Tell City sectional. I'd say Switz Co or Sw Hanover goes to the Decaturs sectional and we move into 46. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to hear that about Davidson. Was a great man and leader.

On the North Daviess topic, my thought is this has been the plan for a good part of the season. They knew they were getting bumped up and have already scheduled opponents for next season for the 3A move. They have added Terre Haute South, Terre Haute North, and Chesterton to the schedule for next season and that was announced mid season. I’m anxious to see how they do against the 3A level. They have the players to slow the pace. If they can control the pace they will be in every game. They are built on ball handling and defense.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jchestnut31 said:

Hate to hear that about Davidson. Was a great man and leader.

On the North Daviess topic, my thought is this has been the plan for a good part of the season. They knew they were getting bumped up and have already scheduled opponents for next season for the 3A move. They have added Terre Haute South, Terre Haute North, and Chesterton to the schedule for next season and that was announced mid season. I’m anxious to see how they do against the 3A level. They have the players to slow the pace. If they can control the pace they will be in every game. They are built on ball handling and defense.

Makes no sense to skip 2A. 

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Makes no sense to skip 2A. 

Yeah...they'll get a rude awakeng in 3A.  They may be in most games, but they're going to get behind some of those bigger more athletic teams and that will take away their ability to control the pace when they do.  Was a silly move just to avoid the Linton sectional.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 3:14 PM, 5fouls said:

BC, SW Hanover, Providence, Austin, Pekin, Henryville, and Clarksville is how that sectional ended up. If we are fortunate enough to beat Providence, I would assume BC and Linton will be big boy battle in the regional. 

I know our two FR transfers have played very well this spring. Especially the 6'8 kid. 

• Like 1