High School Hoops '21-'22

9 minutes ago, rico said:

I think my Wildcats should move down for unsuccess...

A little harsh

Wins the last 5 years:  10, 16, 10, 13, 9.

You just have the misfortune of being in the same sectional as Blackhawk.  But, those things run their cycle.  Down here, Silver Creek had won 7 of 8 sectionals before this season.  Now, going forward, we're going to go through a stretch where we might win one here and there, but won't have another dominant stretch like that.

Blackhawk will level off at some point.  

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A little harsh

You just have the misfortune of being in the same sectional as Blackhawk.  But, those things run their cycle.  Down here, Silver Creek had won 7 of 8 sectionals before this season.  Now, going forward, we're going to go through a stretch where we might win one here and there, but won't have another dominant stretch like that.

I think you are the favorite this year, in that sectional. 

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A little harsh

Blackhawk levels off I do believe they drop back down, correct?

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think you are the favorite this year, in that sectional. 

A lot depends on if Roberts is healthy. 

In two years, we will have a few freshmen that will contribute right away to go with what will be our Sr. Class that year.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

A lot depends on if Roberts is healthy. 

In two years, we will have a few freshmen that will contribute right away to go with what will be our Sr. Class that year.  

Yeah, but... Oliver will be the best player in the sectional. Admittedly, I did forget about Scottsburg, but you are A LOT better coached then they are. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah, but... Oliver will be the best player in the sectional. Admittedly, I did forget about Scottsburg, but you are A LOT better coached then they are. 

Next year's team will be different than this year's for no other reason than our primary scoring threat will not be our point guard.  But, getting Roberts back healthy as a 2nd scorer will be very important.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Next year's team will be different than this year's for no other reason than our primary scoring threat will not be our point guard.  But, getting Roberts back healthy as a 2nd scorer will be very important.   

Oliver plays PG, and I think he is a better scorer then Brandon. I think the rest of Northern's game is better, though. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Oliver plays PG, and I think he is a better scorer then Brandon. I think the rest of Northern's game is better, though. 

I think Oliver will play off guard next year.  Northern's backup, Bryce Henderson, was playing really well at the end of the year.  Lightening quick, dominant left hand, should be successful driving and kicking out to shooters.