High School Hoops '21-'22

18 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Or maybe Purdue has lower goals because of Keady and Painters failures in March. You should always set the bar high.

Fair point. Painter’s floor is pretty damn high though. Ceiling has some work to do. I think about if we did fire Painter, who’s to say some other guy would be better? Grass ain’t always greener. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t we have 4 S16’s and 1 E8 the last 10?

Maybe. Just going off memory. Could be and probably is 4....but 4 isn't some larger exponentially bigger number than 3 when talking a decade. Certainly the last 5 you guys have done pretty good...but the 2 Purdue guys I know have never been this upset with how a season unfolded. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe. Just going off memory. Could be and probably is 4....but 4 isn't some larger exponentially bigger number than 3 when talking a decade. Certainly the last 5 you guys have done pretty good...but the 2 Purdue guys I know have never been this upset with how a season unfolded. 

That’s completely valid. I was obviously upset with how ‘19 ended but we lost to a legit team on a miracle play. That shit happens sometimes. But this year was just gross. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Fair point. Painter’s floor is pretty damn high though. Ceiling has some work to do. I think about if we did fire Painter, who’s to say some other guy would be better? Grass ain’t always greener. 

Painter is a good coach, but he is what he is at this point, Gene Keady 2.0, good regular season coach but an average to below average tournament coach. I would assume that Purdue fans want to win a National Championship sometime. Under Painter they have had some of their best teams and best players of all time, but other than the one Elite they haven't really gotten close to a Championship. Eventually you have to question whether the guy you have can get you to the top of the the mountain or not, and so far Painter hasn't shown he is capable of doing that.

Edited by Hoosier51

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sooooooooo that's the goal? To get beat by crappy school. Got it! 

Where did I say that was a goal but you talked about how Purdue lost to a directional school.  I don't know if you mean to do it but you make it sound like that if things happened before you were born it wasn't important.  I know I always researched the history sports before I was born and respected what came before me.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Where did I say that was a goal but you talked about how Purdue lost to a directional school.  I don't know if you mean to do it but you make it sound like that if things happened before you were born it wasn't important.  I know I always researched the history sports before I was born and respected what came before me.

You are missing the point I was making, Scott. The idea is NOT to be Purdue and to satisfy you... the idea is NOT to be Indiana in the mid 90s or late 90s either. 

Boiler said "maybe you should try to be like us before you try and be better then us".... which is when I said "Why would we want to get beat by a directional school." That was the context of the conversation. 

I never once said "we have never been upset in the tourney". 

We clearly were not talking about Indiana's struggles in the 90s in the tourney. We know those are not the results we want. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You are missing the point I was making, Scott. The idea is NOT to be Purdue and to satisfy you... the idea is NOT to be Indiana in the mid 90s or late 90s either. 

Boiler said "maybe you should try to be like us before you try and be better then us".... which is when I said "Why would we want to get beat by a directional school." That was the context of the conversation. 

I never once said "we have never been upset in the tourney". 

We clearly were not talking about Indiana's struggles in the 90s in the tourney. We know those are not the results we want. 

Actually Cleveland St. happened in 1986 and the next year we won the championship followed by losing to Richmond in 1988

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Actually Cleveland St. happened in 1986 and the next year we won the championship followed by losing to Richmond in 1988

Well there you go. 

We don't want to be like 1986 and 1988. (Pepperdine was the last of those, that is why I was saying mid to late 90s). 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't understand what you are trying to tell me. I thought Pepperdine was 1998 or 1999. Went and checked it was 2000. I have no clue what else to say here lol 

Again... the ONLY point I was trying to make was... Purdue fans are touting this superiority complex over us, and I get it, they have thumped us HTH... but make no mistake about it. We aren't going to be satisfied with their results in the last 10 years. We have shown S16s aren't enough. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't understand what you are trying to tell me. I thought Pepperdine was 1998 or 1999. Went and checked it was 2000. I have no clue what else to say here lol 

Again... the ONLY point I was trying to make was... Purdue fans are touting this superiority complex over us, and I get it, they have thumped us HTH... but make no mistake about it. We aren't going to be satisfied with their results in the last 10 years. We have shown S16s aren't enough. 

I guess my point was that a lot of teams lose to those type of teams on the tournament. Duke lost to Bucknell and Kansas lost in the first round to a 13 or 14 seed a few times.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I guess my point was that a lot of teams lose to those type of teams on the tournament. Duke lost to Bucknell and Kansas lost in the first round to a 13 or 14 seed a few times.

BUT THEY STILL WIN TITLES!!! THAT IS WHO WE WANT TO BE!!! KANSAS AND DUKE!!! NOT PURDUE!! 

• Like 1