High School Hoops '21-'22

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Then lose to St peter. The Peacocks. 

The idea isn't to be Purdue. That level of success here gets you fired. Ask Tom Crean. 

Exactly. All the message board respect in the world to a couple of our friends but Purdue isn't the goal. Loyer will be a fine player. Might be a thorn in our side....or he might not.

Morton, Newman were big misses (so we've been told)....and of course Mr. Universe Ivey all still meant no Big Ten Titles and an ousting by Peacock Mustache guy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Exactly. All the message board respect in the world to a couple of our friends but Purdue isn't the goal. Loyer will be a fine player. Might be a thorn in our side....or he might not.

Morton, Newman were big misses (so we've been told)....and of course Mr. Universe Ivey all still meant no Big Ten Titles and an ousting by Peacock Mustache guy. 

There isn't a team in the B1G that I envy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

The Purdue team this year had so much potential and I think someone read his own press clippings and got the big head.  I also think the seniors, if they were to be completely honest, got sick of hearing about Ivey every time Purdue was mentioned.  Can’t say I blame them either.  Think there was a real divide in that locker room the later the year went on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Loyer is doing to be studly for us

Great shooter 

solid passing & ball handler 

good length 

Skinny with at best average quickness 

Ceiling is Moore/Mathias level playmaker with the ability to get into lane 

floor is Cline/Sasha shooter who can feed the post with better ball handling skills 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Smith, Loyer, Gunn, Essegian, and Grayson are the 5 finalists for Mr. Basketball.

Will just add my two cents. No way Comer shouldn't be on here. He's almost a product of you can't have all Indy kids on the list. 

Sorry. Big whiff on this one by those who make these decisions. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

The Purdue team this year had so much potential and I think someone read his own press clippings and got the big head.  I also think the seniors, if they were to be completely honest, got sick of hearing about Ivey every time Purdue was mentioned.  Can’t say I blame them either.  Think there was a real divide in that locker room the later the year went on.

You mean players don’t like a guy who takes 28 footers without passing or never plays defense?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Then lose to St peter. The Peacocks. 

The idea isn't to be Purdue. That level of success here gets you fired. Ask Tom Crean. 

Obviously I’m biased but maybe the idea should be to get to Purdue’s level first and then set your sights higher? I feel like maybe IU fans can have unrealistic expectations based on RMK’s success. But hey I’m just a Purdue fan so take it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Didn’t seem like the team gelled as much as Purdue teams of prior years. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Obviously I’m biased but maybe the idea should be to get to Purdue’s level first and then set your sights higher? I feel like maybe IU fans can have unrealistic expectations based on RMK’s success. But hey I’m just a Purdue fan so take it with a grain of salt. 

When you have the resources and money we do... 

Losing in the first round to a satellite school from Arkansas had better be higher then what we're aiming for.  

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Just depends. Are we talking only the last 5 years? Sure we'd take Purdue's run. Are we talking last 10? As down as we've been our last 10 matches up. We've had 3 Sweet 16's to Purdue's 2 Sweet 16's and 1 E8....and both have 2 Big 10 titles. 

As pedestrian as we've been (and IU hoops is never pedestrian) for our expectations we've had a similar run over last 10 years in terms of conference titles and tourney success. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't like this post enough. Yes Purdue has had a nice little run under Painter, but I want March success as a Hoosier fan, not Boilermaker success. Also Morton might turn out to be a miss but nothing about Newman says he is a loss. 😀 👍 👍 👍 👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

You mean players don’t like a guy who takes 28 footers without passing or never plays defense?

I seem to remember Devonte Green having his issues here lol.

No honestly…I do think there was a disconnect but most importantly none of your guards played defense. Hunter and Thompson were huge liabilities.

21 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I feel like maybe IU fans can have unrealistic expectations based on RMK’s success. But hey I’m just a Purdue fan so take it with a grain of salt. 

Or maybe Purdue has lower goals because of Keady and Painters failures in March. You should always set the bar high.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think we’re 2nd in S16’s the last 5 years. Obviously upsets hurt but keep getting high seeds and see how things go. 

And aren't you 1-4 in those S16's? And the one successful tourney was because Carsen went off.

Edited by Hoosier51

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just depends. Are we talking only the last 5 years? Sure we'd take Purdue's run. Are we talking last 10? As down as we've been our last 10 matches up. We've had 3 Sweet 16's to Purdue's 2 Sweet 16's and 1 E8....and both have 2 Big 10 titles. 

As pedestrian as we've been (and IU hoops is never pedestrian) for our expectations we've had a similar run over last 10 years in terms of conference titles and tourney success. 

Don’t we have 4 S16’s and 1 E8 the last 10?