High School Hoops '21-'22

Just now, btownqb said:

They earned the right to play. As long as they aren't pressing or being arrogant.. there should be no issue. 

They were firing up 3's and playing like a pickup game.  Those bench Ayers who has worked hard in practice deserve to see the court in a championship game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

So the coaches that were at the game Included Kenya Hunter from IU, Tom Izzo and staff from MSU, Matt Painter and some staff from Purdue, Michael Lewis and Bill Comar from Ball State, David Ragland from Butler, 2 Notre Dame Assistants, and a Nevada assistant. 

Don't look good we only sent an assistant.  Also wonder who Lewis was here to see. The two Cathedral seniors are already signed elsewhere and nobody on Chesterton is D1 caliber

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

So the coaches that were at the game Included Kenya Hunter from IU, Tom Izzo and staff from MSU, Matt Painter and some staff from Purdue, Michael Lewis and Bill Comar from Ball State, David Ragland from Butler, 2 Notre Dame Assistants, and a Nevada assistant. 

Woodson not there. Reason for the comment earlier? 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't look good we only sent an assistant.  Also wonder who Lewis was here to see. The two Cathedral seniors are already signed elsewhere and nobody on Chesterton is D1 caliber

Lewis was at the 3A game to. I don’t know if there was anyone for him specifically other than him just sending a message that he’s going to recruit the state and he’s watching.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would guess he's just getting his face out there as the new guy on the block.  Never hurts to start building relationships.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It was. I don’t like it. There should definitely be more than a single assistant.

You guys ever think you’re making something out of nothing? 
If the Cathedral players are already committed, and there’s no one else to see, maybe the coaches are elsewhere, watching someone who is a legitimate prospect 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If the Cathedral players are already committed, and there’s no one else to see, maybe the coaches are elsewhere, watching someone who is a legitimate prospect 

Or maybe.... his wife birthday is today? Or maybe he doesn't feel that well..  is 60 some years old and doesn't want to risk anything. 

I could come up with 100 more believable stories then a guy FROM INDY thinks he's above a state championship game. This is the crap that gets old reading. 

Personally.. I think Painter would just prefer to spend a weekend in downtown in Indy then he would in WL. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

IHSAA Finals would seem to be a great opportunity to connect and network with a lot of high school coaches across the state.

If I was a college coach in the state and my own team was still not playing, I would probably make it a point to be there regardless if someone I was recruiting was playing or not.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

IHSAA Finals would seem to be a great opportunity to connect and network with a lot of high school coaches across the state.

If I was a college coach in the state and my own team was still not playing, I would probably make it a point to be there regardless if someone I was recruiting was playing or not.

So, work harder, not smarter.

I’m not going any further with this but I will say that Woodson needs to start taking HS events a little more serious in the state. There’s been multiple occasions so far that he hasn’t. The state finals are a great opportunity for a coach to make an appearance and allow people to see him. Sorry but sitting and watch HS basketball isn’t that difficult. At the very least send more than 1 assistant just to send a message to the other schools that are there. I want Woodson to succeed and I know what can happen when you lose the HS coaches in the state. It doesn’t end well.

• Like 2