High School Hoops '21-'22

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Honestly curious how Connor Essegian ended up at Central Noble. Everything I can find about him says he lives in Fort Wayne. 

He was a Carroll kid.  Evidently didn't like the HC.  Transferred to Central Noble.

On 3/13/2022 at 8:39 AM, rico said:

He was a Carroll kid.  Evidently didn't like the HC.  Transferred to Central Noble.

Yeah, I had heard he would have gone to Carroll had he stayed in Fort Wayne. I've heard some pretty crazy stories about the Central Noble program having assistant coaches offering to build houses for Fort Wayne players and their families to move into so they'd be in the district. Apparently Central Noble's coach doesn't live in Noble County, either. Just weird stuff. 

6 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Yeah, I had heard he would have gone to Carroll had he stayed in Fort Wayne. I've heard some pretty crazy stories about the Central Noble program having assistant coaches offering to build houses for Fort Wayne players and their families to move into so they'd be in the district. Apparently Central Noble's coach doesn't live in Noble County, either. Just weird stuff. 

Nah, from what I have heard, Carroll's coach is/was the issue.  Multiple players left their basketball program.  Fwiw, that coach is no longer there.

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Free Enterprise.

4 hours ago, rico said:

LOL

Carroll should have had 2 D-1 players on their squad this year.  Besides Essegian, they had Jalen Jackson who transferred to Northrop.  Jackson is an Illinois-Chicago commit.

Jackson transferred because his mother was named Northrop’s girls coach.  Also, two other players (both seniors) quit towards the end of this current season, under the current coach.  I have several contacts there, including two people who live under my roof, but I have no idea what’s going on there.  I just know that program has a long, long journey to get back to where they were.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Jackson transferred because his mother was named Northrop’s girls coach.  Also, two other players (both seniors) quit towards the end of this current season, under the current coach.  I have several contacts there, including two people who live under my roof, but I have no idea what’s going on there.  I just know that program has a long, long journey to get back to where they were.

I have a high school buddy that I grew up with that lives in the district.  He has a son that is in HS there.  Kind of funny, just about a month ago him and I were icefishing together talking about the state of Carroll's basketball program.  We both agreed the Chargers have some work to do to catch up to Homestead.

On 3/13/2022 at 8:39 AM, rico said:

It’s rumored he wanted a guaranteed starting spot prior to enrolling and was told he’d have to earn it. The Gard kid was from Garrett as well as the coach formerly.

On 3/14/2022 at 9:27 PM, TheWatShot said:

Did you pay attention to ‘busco prior to this year? Hard to top that 3-ring circus.