High School Hoops '21-'22

Excellent 3A regionals across the board.

New Castle- Yorktown, Norwell, Leo, and Northwood. 3 of those ranked top 10 or higher all year long. And they currently sit 4, 5, and 8 in the Sag. 

Washington (best gym in the state imo)- Sullivan, North Harrison, Bosse, and Lawrenceburg. LB was the 4th rated team in their sectional and won. NH is a team in our conference who is very well coached. This regional doesnt have the top teams in it, but very balanced. 

Greencastle- 3, 7, 9 in the Sag are in this field. Brebeuf, Beech Grove, Brownstown, and Danville at Greencastles gorgeous gym. 

I have no idea what SB Wash gym looks like (they host the 4th regional) but... Washington, New Castle, and Greencastle.. wow what 3 incredible venues!

I know there are historical things in play to have regionals at certain locations. In 3A New Castle Regional....Northwood will be driving 130 miles or 2 1/2 hours to New Castle...Leo will be making the 2 hour trek South...Norwell 75 miles,etc....assuming this is just a random year?  Or in Single A Rensselaer driving down to Lapel?

Good luck to all the fans/families/coaches still involved. Special time of the year!

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know there are historical things in play to have regionals at certain locations. In 3A New Castle Regional....Northwood will be driving 130 miles or 2 1/2 hours to New Castle...Leo will be making the 2 hour trek South...Norwell 75 miles,etc....assuming this is just a random year?  Or in Single A Rensselaer driving down to Lapel?

Good luck to all the fans/families/coaches still involved. Special time of the year!

Northwood to New Castle and Peru to South Bend gave me a chuckle.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yeah, I mean.. its not perfect. Its usually reasonable though. There are just factions of the state from Madison up to Muncie and Washington up to Lafayette where there just arent many HS, or large towns, at all. Then you have HUGE gyms in oddly located spots for the tourney, at times.. East Chicago, Richmond, Jeffersonville.. gorgeous gyms but don't truly make sense to host tournament games. Then you throw in the tournament thats based on a different factor (size) before location.. yeah, these things will happen. 

Buuuuut... there are some oddities for sure. 

Side note: I'd love to see neutral sites in football regionals/semi state. Or at least experimented. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

That is what happens when you have class basketball.

• Like 1