High School Hoops '21-'22

54 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Just speaking 3A here:

John Glenn and Mish Marian are #1 and #2 in the AP poll, they are in the same sectional. Marian is #1 in 3A in the Sag, and Glenn is about a 6.5pt dog against them on a neutral court (the sectional is at MM). John Glenn beat MM by 4 earlier in the year. 

Other then that, everyone seems to be spread out. Connersville (#10 in the AP and #2 in Sag) is in the same sectional and plays Greensburg first round. Greensburg is #12 in the AP and #16 in Sag. CV is an 8pt favorite in that game. 

3A #3 Sullivan plays Washington in sectional 31 Friday. Sullivan will most likely win that sectional. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Here's a graph of member history.

l3r0aci2c9j4iuh7udtcyufwethfrdg.png

Yeah I looked on Wiki and they have been a member since 1965. But, I know why I was confused... they've been a member yes, but they weren't playing a PAC school schedule in football. Southridge hasn't played them since 2007. 

So, when they made the small/large school divisions.... they put Tecumseh in the small school divisions and now they are playing small PAC schools. Pretty sure I have all that right now, shew. lol 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Yeah I looked on Wiki and they have been a member since 1965. But, I know why I was confused... they've been a member yes, but they weren't playing a PAC school schedule in football. Southridge hasn't played them since 2007. 

So, when they made the small/large school divisions.... they put Tecumseh in the small school divisions and now they are playing small PAC schools. Pretty sure I have all that right now, shew. lol 

Yeah, was pretty confusing when they started to conference realignment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

3A #3 Sullivan plays Washington in sectional 31 Friday. Sullivan will most likely win that sectional. 

Sullivan is rated awfully high in the AP. They are 15th in the Sag and play a poor schedule. They played 1A #1 North Daviess in a very good game the other night. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Kaden Oliver (20ppg at Madison) 6'2 guard was just declared eligible at Silver Creek. Very happy for him. Good kid, good family. 

SC just became a force in that sectional with North Harrison. SC has to 20ppg guards now. Oliver and Brandon Northern. 

My son told me that when he got home from school.  Big boost for next year as well.  If Roberts can come back healthy next season, SC has a good chance to bounce back after this year's disappointment.  The real future appears to be with the 7th grade team though.  They went 29-0 this season.  

Edited by 5fouls

Just now, 5fouls said:

My son told me that when he got home from school.  Big boost for next year as well.  If Roberts can come back healthy next season, SC has a good chance to bounce back after this year's disappointment.  The real future appears to be with the 8th grade team though.  They went 29-0 this season.  

I think it's your 7th grade that is so good? Our 8th grade went 29-0, as well lol 

Also, Oliver's little brother is a 7th grader too. 

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My son told me that when he got home from school.  Big boost for next year as well.  If Roberts can come back healthy next season, SC has a good chance to bounce back after this year's disappointment.  The real future appears to be with the 7th grade team though.  They went 29-0 this season.  

29-0? Do middle school teams play more games in that part of the state? Here in northeast Indiana, most teams only play about 14 or 15. lol

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

29-0? Do middle school teams play more games in that part of the state? Here in northeast Indiana, most teams only play about 14 or 15. lol

Our 8th grade is 29-0, as well.  5fouls school and mine are in the same conference. 

Our conference actually plays a MS conference tourney, as well.  I think that's pretty cool and unique. 

We played probably 20 some games when I was in MS, but I know we have been purposely upping the amount of games we play. 

I know I coached a 5th grade team that played 60 and I've heard of multiple teams playing 50. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

They play 8 conference games, 5 games against Jeff, New Albany, and Floyd Central Middle schools (basing that on when my kids were in middle school), a conference tournament (good for 3-4 games), a Clark/Floyd County tournament (3-4 games) and I believe two different holiday type tournaments at Salem (3-4 games each).  Don't know if it's the case here, but a team that good could also be invited to a tournament from outside the area.  

That type of schedule results in a lot of duplicate opponents.  I know when my daughter played in Middle School, they played Charlestown 4 times in the same season once (regular season, conference tourney, Clark/Floyd tourney, and one of the Salem tourneys)..  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

They play 8 conference games, 5 games against Jeff, New Albany, and Floyd Central Middle schools (basing that on when my kids were in middle school), a conference tournament (good for 3-4 games), a Clark/Floyd County tournament (3-4 games) and I believe two different holiday type tournaments at Salem (3-4 games each).  Don't know if it's the case, but a team that good could also be invited to a tournament from outside the area.  

That type of schedule results in a lot of duplicate opponents.  I know when my daughter played in Middle School, they played Charlestown 4 times in the same season once.  

Ours play 4 tourneys. So thats 8-12 games right there. Play 4 county schools. 12-16 games just right there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ours play 4 tourneys. So thats 8-12 games right there. Play 4 county schools. 12-16 games just right there. 

When she was in middle school, my daughter would usually play 23-24 games a year, and that was without winning any of those tourneys.  Sometimes it was one and done in the single elimination tourneys.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

When she was in middle school, my daughter would usually play 23-24 games a year, and that was without winning any of those tourneys.  Sometimes it was one and done in the single elimination tourneys.  

How cool is it they do a conference tournament though? So unique 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Possibly. My wife is from central Illinois and if northern Indiana is similar schools seem further away. 

My alma mater, in the southwest part, I can think of 10 schools off the top of my head 45 minutes or less away. So 20+ game schedule is easy. 

The middle school I went to schedules 16 games, and can play up to 3 in the conference tournament at the end of the season. You can almost always count on 2-3 games getting postponed because of "bad weather" that don't get rescheduled. It also seems like no one wants to play Saturday games (which could allow teams to play twice in one day) and no one will play during Christmas break either. So the teams start playing mid-November, go like 3 weeks without playing midseason, then end the last week of January and play around 15-18 games. 

I wish we were more like southern Indiana. I've always felt that part of the state takes basketball more seriously. 

Edited by TheWatShot
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

South Decatur Sr. Guard Hunter Johnson scores 39 in regular season finale.  He needs 27 to become Decatur County all time leading scorer.

I was really rooting for this kid until the Greensburg game win he did pulled the bush league move of stealing the ball with 9 seconds left and acting like he was going to shake hands with the Greensburg player before he stole the ball.  Plus all game long he was cussing his own players out when he didn’t get the ball.  I was really disappointed in what I saw.  Still a good player but his antics were a bit much for me.  Damn I’m turning negative now! 😂

• Haha 1