High School Hoops '21-'22

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You are 100% right for sure. The one thing about the small schools and it was true about my class... one of the advantages they have... some of these teams' players have been in the roles they are in now, their whole life. Like the entire time some of these kids have played basketball it's been with the same group of kids.... setting the same screens, getting back on defense, going through warmups together. You know? those teams have sooo much cohesion at times, its really nice/remarkable to see and not something you witness often. 

Different sport, but I had a buddy... we played college football together. We were also on the same 5th grade team, so from 5th grade- SO year of college every single football game we played was together. That matters. 

Exactly....Joe Hart actually coached my team in middle school and we ran sets that later when he came back the second time to coach HS he ran again...I remember as 5th grade to 8th grade we maybe lost 1 or 2 games in 4 years...(probably got jobbed by the refs lol) and like you said growing up it was the same group of guys playing together their whole life. Went to school for K-12 with pretty much the same friends! When we faced most of our opponents....same guys we were battling  since grade school....be funny you look (everyone always kept the same numbers) and you would be like....woah....dude grew...or hasn't grown (whew) lol.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My dad coached a lot of middle school/junior high ball with Benji (Brody's father) back in the day. Lots of talent either on our or opponents. He would take me around watching all the great players in the area growing up and point out how they played and what I'd need to work on. Too many to list here. Basically my first memory of HS basketball was going to see L&M play with Oliphant and Patterson and Grounds....the hysteria of those packed gyms....basketball right there stole my heart.

My Dugger (Union) had some teams I just adored growing up....the tears when we would lose in a Sectional or Regionals....following guys like Joey Hart, Marty Hale, Eric Walters...to some of my teams and then finishing with Brody. But we always in gracious defeat would drive up/down to see the winning sectional team make their run at Regionals and beyond. The Graves boys at WRV, Bloomfield teams, Linton etc. Great group of coaches and teams that represent the area well....and now its funny seeing their kids carry on the tradition lol.

L&M was last ditch effort for single class. That team was phenomenal.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I can't read the article. How many did Omar have? 

14. It said 3 LN players finished well over their season averages, but didn’t give the averages. Those three- Kobi Bowles, Omar Cooper and Azavier Robinson- combined for 44 of the teams 53 points.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Fairly certain we (Brownstown Central) will be 2A in football the next two seasons, and I believe basketball too. 

We will be a big time factor in basketball. 

Yeah.  You should be one of, if not THE favorite in 2A from the South.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Just saw we moved to #5 in 3A in the last poll. Finished 5th in the basketball poll and 6th in the football poll.

3A #2 (Sag) Connersville is taken down at home last night by Greensburg. Stacey Meyer is an excellent coach and a damn good dude. 

Greensburg was down 11 going intot he 4th against a very deliberate Connersville team. Impressive win. My gut says this is it for Stacey, maybe he has already announced it but if not I think this might be it

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Half 34-33 LN Gunn with 26 and he missed his last 3 shots of the half.  I think he has hit 5 3's

I have it on in the background while doing the grill and feeding the crew....he just scores so easily is what I'm seeing....basic running off the screen and catch/release nothing but net. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

LN wins 65-60 and Gunn finished with 38 points. One thing to like he went 10-11 from the line.

4 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Gunn finishes with 38 points

And not to stir up the annual small class vs large class thing...but 38 points in 4A isn't a joke. Really like what I'm seeing here gang. If you have guards like X and JHS next year creating space and nobody else wants to drain from 20 this kid will do just fine. 

• Like 2