Jump to content

Trayce Jackson-Davis


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Shh !  Don't tell anyone.  Word is that TJD has been in Stewart's ear about changing his mind about IU. 

Would have to assume TJD is confident KBJ is going to IU, right? I feel like TJD wouldn't step on KBJ's toes and try and get another guy to take his scholarship. Not to mention, I'd doubt Trayce would put in the effort unless there was another strong influence/factor in play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hoosierdave said:

Would have to assume TJD is confident KBJ is going to IU, right? I feel like TJD wouldn't step on KBJ's toes and try and get another guy to take his scholarship. Not to mention, I'd doubt Trayce would put in the effort unless there was another strong influence/factor in play.

It was floated on Twitter as making it a 4 man class an hour ago

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

It was floated on Twitter as making it a 4 man class an hour ago

 

Maybe Trayce is hearing things about a potential transfer and thus is looking for that 4th player. Would love to have Stewart/Watford but IMO are much more in need of SG that can come in and make an immediate impact after Romeo likely leaves. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Archie said he would do it and he's doing it. Now we have 2 5 star examples to use as exhibit A and B to future in state recruits...especially high talent guys. Good enough for them, why not me....is what they should be thinking. Does anyone have a list of future 5 star guys we can start tracking?

How about Kristian Lander down here in E'ville???

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Congratulations to a young man making one of the most important decisions of his life!

Clearly, as several said n the Duke postgame thread, Archie’s inability to coach, and our current team being so deficient, made a huge impact on TJD!

He said ...dws 

I know. And those insiders really missed the boat on this one! 🤣

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Congratulations to a young man making one of the most important decisions of his life!

Clearly, as several said n the Duke postgame thread, Archie’s inability to coach, and our current team being so deficient, made a huge impact on TJD!

He said ...dws 

You really like stirring the pot huh.  Couldn't just let it go.  Had to say told you so.  Jeeze man

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

all right, so i'm sure i could find this somewhere, but what is his game like?  main thing i'm trying to figure out is that he is a 5 star recruit so should be a stud i assume.  but he's listed as a center and is 6'8''-6'9''?  i would think he either dominates down low or is very skilled on the wing as a 6'9'' kid.  which is it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

You really like stirring the pot huh.  Couldn't just let it go.  Had to say told you so.  Jeeze man

No, just know that the criticism was incessant and in my opinion, unwarranted. 

Some folks on here have zero patience and have expectations of CAM that are unrealistic. 

I don’t even know whether you are one of the critics or not. If you are, buck up.

Gotta be willing to take some pushback if you feel the need to pile on a coach and a team so soon

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this is awesome that we landed him. This is what needs to happen to build lasting success.  We haven't won on the court yet to the level of the big dogs, but if CAM can keep landing highly ranked, and his type of players, than games like the other night either won't happen, or if they do, we know them to be hiccups and not trends.

Edited by IUDan93
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read a comment on the r/CBB subreddit from a *Duke* fan that (and I'm paraphrasing here) said, Archie is taking the first step to becoming a great coach for IU by keeping the in-state guys and locking down the borders. I am shrugging off early season struggles this year in favor of the long view. CAM has a plan and he's only implementing the first phase. All is good. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

No it's really sad. It's because of the critics you guys are not getting as much "intel" as before, or as much as you deserve.  I have never considered myself an insider, yet I continue to get "intel" from some of our best insiders.  In fact, I heard just a day ago from one of our greatest insiders, who had some very nice words to share with me.

Maybe, just maybe.... the critics are gone for good.  And our real insiders, will be willing to share as before.

________________________________

Lastly.  Thank you Archie.  For living up to your promise to lock down the state of Indiana.  Promises made.  Promises kept.  

I agree. The intel is fun whether it's right or wrong. Things change no matter what, I'd rather have wrong intel then none at all. When it's all said and done, Archie will be the man to really turn it around. He's still learning himself. Beatdowns like the one we witnessed the other night will be less and less. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

No it's really sad. It's because of the critics you guys are not getting as much "intel" as before, or as much as you deserve.  I have never considered myself an insider, yet I continue to get "intel" from some of our best insiders.  In fact, I heard just a day ago from one of our greatest insiders, who had some very nice words to share with me.

Maybe, just maybe.... the critics are gone for good.  And our real insiders, will be willing to share as before.

________________________________

Lastly.  Thank you Archie.  For living up to your promise to lock down the state of Indiana.  Promises made.  Promises kept.  

I'll just say this. So far the 2 most important recruits under Archie for a variety of reasons have said yes to IU. And with both recruits (Romeo and TJD) the insiders are pitching a no hitter. Hope they keep posting. I've followed recruiting forever and the intel on this board is second to none.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...