Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm assuming we can discuss all transfers in here but DB from Georgia is transferring. Major Burns is his name. Former high 4 star....but he's from Baton Rouge so he might just want to be headed home.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What do you guys know about Damarjhe Lewis? Saw he committed to Purdue over the weekend. 

He must be looking for playing time.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What do you guys know about Damarjhe Lewis? Saw he committed to Purdue over the weekend. 

The coaches really liked him last spring and talked that he would probably compete for playing time, but he never got into any games in the fall.  Not sure what happened between last spring and fall.  I wonder if he struggled at home over the summer and he wasn't able to get back up to speed in time?  Just guessing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

The coaches really liked him last spring and talked that he would probably compete for playing time, but he never got into any games in the fall.  Not sure what happened between last spring and fall.  I wonder if he struggled at home over the summer and he wasn't able to get back up to speed in time?  Just guessing.

Makes sense. His cousin is an incoming freshman at Purdue and I believe Coach Hagen recruited him to IU originally so it’d make sense how they made the connection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony Lamar Fair - big DT - 6’3” 330 lb grad transfer from UAB. His Twitter bio says #6 DT in the nation

 

The product of South Bend (IN) arrived at UAB after being ranked No. 49 by the 247Sports Composite JUCO rankings in 2020. Before that, he was at Indiana State as an unranked high school prospect.

Fair has appeared in 18 games over two seasons with UAB and has 56 tackles, including 7 for a loss, one sack and 3 forced fumbles

 

Offers from Ole Miss, IU, Michigan, Purdue

 

Seems like this would be a great get and another solid replacement for Lewis and Passmore

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PAHoosier said:

Tony Lamar Fair - big DT - 6’3” 330 lb grad transfer from UAB. His Twitter bio says #6 DT in the nation

 

The product of South Bend (IN) arrived at UAB after being ranked No. 49 by the 247Sports Composite JUCO rankings in 2020. Before that, he was at Indiana State as an unranked high school prospect.

Fair has appeared in 18 games over two seasons with UAB and has 56 tackles, including 7 for a loss, one sack and 3 forced fumbles

 

Offers from Ole Miss, IU, Michigan, Purdue

 

Seems like this would be a great get and another solid replacement for Lewis and Passmore

This kid has been everywhere. 2 different HS and 4 different colleges. Auburn and Iowa offered, as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one thing I learned from playing baseball in college that you can't do.  Our coach was full of BS, and once guys got on campus, they hated him because he lied to them during recruiting.  The players were actively recruiting against the coach when recruits would visit.  If you lie to recruits, it might help recruiting, but it isn't going to end well.  Have to love the honest approach this staff takes with recruits.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

From what I've read on other boards and on Twitter, it sounds like we have a really good shot with Carr.

We probably need him, honestly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

It might be nothing, but I wonder if this could be referring to Carr.

 

I would love this addition. He's very Nyheim Hines in his passing catching abilities. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...