Nebraska II Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

6 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Should have been a foul on mcgowns for diving in XJ when he had the ball. Should have been T for trying to rip the ball away after the whistle and let him get up. And the leg scissors should he’s been a T as well. Could have gave XJ a T for the fake kick as well. Horrible officiating in that sequence. 

Yep!! Exactly what I said!! 

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I remember a time, not so long ago, when there was criticism on this board, mind you justified, that our team lacked fire. Played with no emotion. Seemed to be robotic or going through the motions. 

Now there's criticism over a guy showing that fire, that emotion...

Maybe TJD did get carried away a little. Even if he did, I'll take that all day over guys playing like zombies.

I don’t think anybody has really criticized him. I just think some of us hope he’s more careful with it in the future so it doesn’t hurt us or cost us a game. As bad as Big10 officiating is I’m surprised this was his first one. There’s been other times that I cringed when he did it thinking that he was going to get T’d up. By no means do I dislike his emotions. I just want him to be careful. 

10 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I don’t think anybody has really criticized him. I just think some of us hope he’s more careful with it in the future so it doesn’t hurt us or cost us a game. As bad as Big10 officiating is I’m surprised this was his first one. There’s been other times that I cringed when he did it thinking that he was going to get T’d up. By no means do I dislike his emotions. I just want him to be careful. 

Fair.

But, must be how much we differ when we watch a game.  I honestly, haven't thought that once, as far as TJDs yelling goes. I always thought he was well within the parameters of "acceptable behavior". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

He was 49% of the way into stomping the dude.  Thank God he stopped.  Zero debate here to be had.  

Dude would have deserved it too.  Pretty apparent part of Nebraska's game plan was to punk X and try to get his head out of the game.  X has got to know that crap is coming and not feed it.

• Like 3

I thought that there were several cheap shots that weren’t call on Nebraska. The big guy hit several of our player in the face with flaring arms an hands. 
I believe McGowns the one who blocked Galloway with a full body slam and nothing called ! Game was getting rough and cheap ref needed to get it stopped!