@ Nebraska Post Game Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Can't imagine a halfway decent coach being that upset with their team after that win, so maybe you don't actually watch it like a coach.... 

You can watch the game however you want, but don't say you watch it like a coach when you very evidently do not watch it like a coach. 

“That” upset. You obviously have zero idea what you’re talking about. Who do you think you are? Go try to insult somebody else man. I couldn’t care any less what your thoughts are about me or the game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

“That” upset. You obviously have zero idea what you’re talking about. Who do you think you are? Go try to insult somebody else man. I couldn’t care any less what your thoughts are about me or the game. 

I went back and read both posts directed at you.... unless saying your demands are "silly" is an insult there was no insult in them.

For a guy who spends most of his time on this board calling the team and coaches out, you sure don't handle it yourself very well when it happens to you.... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Although funny, he has made two really nice moves right handed the last two games, do it more TJD!!!! 

I know he has, I was impressed with that. I'd still like to see a jumper, but that's a really good development for the team this year and for his long term goals in basketball. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I went back and read both posts directed at you.... unless saying your demands are "silly" is an insult there was no insult in them.

For a guy who spends most of his time on this board calling the team and coaches out, you sure don't handle it yourself very well when it happens to you.... 

“Can’t imagine a halfway decent coach … “.  Neither of your statements were accurate. But again, I don’t care about your opinion or views on me. Go engage somebody else with your almighty attitude. Good luck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

And I don't think RMK could coach in today's environment if he didn't adjust his approach to handling players. 

Of course he couldn't. Forget about what he did to players - he would've been canceled for the rape comment during the Connie Chung interview, among other things off the court. I'm an RMK fan, but some of the things he did and said were pretty embarrassing. Anyway, I was really just trying to add some levity to your disagreement, so ...

• Like 2

A few things that need to be called out about the refs and last nights game...

* Nebraska got called for one T for a forearm to Trey's face

* They did not get a T for doing a pull up on the rim after a dunk

* They did not get a T for their player standing over X who was laying flat on the floor AFTER the whistle was blown and then trying to take the ball from him

* They did not get a T for locking/holding X's foot after he drove to the basket and was fouled, yet they complained when X threw a kick in their direction

CMW is a cool customer but he may need to go full RMK on the refs at some point to make sure his team is not getting jobbed in conference.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Back to the chicken thing though haha... you hadn't heard that? I'm not making fun, I'm legitimately asking.  

44 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Back to the chicken thing though haha... you hadn't heard that? I'm not making fun, I'm legitimately asking.  

If he didn't preface it I would have guessed shaq or Barkley

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who do you like? 

As far as B1G network and FS1, I think Hummel is best. I know some aren't fans of Shon Morris, but I think his analysis is actually fairly good. Raftery is good, but unfortunately, like Vitale (but to a much lesser extent) these guys who have been around so long start to become parodies of themselves. I think Bardo and Jim Jackson used to be better, but maybe it's just a matter of hearing a lot of these guys too often. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Who do you like? 

Actually I haven't seen to many good young announcers.  After the older announcers leave like Costas, Al Micheals and maybe a few others I don't see the next wave of great announcers. Part of the reason I like watching old games is to hear some of the announcers I grew up listening to.  There were announcers if you heard their voice doing the game you knew it was a huge game.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Actually I haven't seen to many good young announcers.  After the older announcers leave like Costas, Al Micheals and maybe a few others I don't see the next wave of great announcers. Part of the reason I like watching old games is to hear some of the announcers I grew up listening to.  There were announcers if you heard their voice doing the game you knew it was a huge game.

Gus!

Brian Butch did one of our games earlier this season and I thought he did a good job for a newer announcer.

Not new or young, but I also like listening to Len Elmore

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't group them the same. I group them a PBP and Color. Most PBP I like, not all color commentary guys I enjoy though. 

Rafferty I enjoy, I assume we'll get them TH?