Wisconsin Pre Game Thread

HoosierDPU95

26 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

It can be argued that Durr is our best shooter.  He might put up 20/3 if given starter minutes.

Come on man...Durr DID get starters minutes at South Florida, and never averaged even half that...against inferior competition...

We’re projected to win 4 of the last 6 and I think we have a great shot at 5 with Ohio St and their schedule so this game could really help turn things around. There’s no big time bruisers on Wisco so TJD and Race need to assert themselves and get back to the “buddy ball”. That should free up shots and I’m hoping with a home game that guys like Stewart, Kopp, and Bates will show up.

I think the key will be X and his decision making. We can’t afford to have Coach rely so heavily on Galloway to run point. We also really need to get back to pushing the ball out in transition because our half court offense isn’t cutting it lately. 

I think we win a close one. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Come on man...Durr DID get starters minutes at South Florida, and never averaged even half that...against inferior competition...

He never had XJ, Race, PS and MK talent around him.  You never know.  He is also a year older, coached better and with a better strength and conditional program.  All indications say he could do that

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He never had XJ, Race, PS and MK talent around him.  You never know.  He is also a year older, coached better and with a better strength and conditional program.  All indications say he could do that

Here are our 3 bigs numbers...Screenshot_20220214-192223.thumb.png.a27fb6599d0d8aaed498a16fa10161e6.png

He shoots a worse overall percentage, a worse 2 point percentage than either Trayce or Race...he does have the FT edge...even with the teammates, coaching, Clif Marshall, and the extra birthday...

Even if you invoke the old Illini "per 40" argument, he averages 10 ppg. I'm not seeing anything that indicates he could get even close to 20 ppg...

Edited by IUFLA

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Here are our 3 bigs numbers...Screenshot_20220214-192223.thumb.png.a27fb6599d0d8aaed498a16fa10161e6.png

He shoots a worse overall percentage, a worse 2 point percentage than either Trayce or Race...he does have the FT edge...even with the teammates, coaching, Clif Marshall, and the extra birthday...

Even if you invoke the old Illini "per 40" argument, he averages 10 ppg. I'm not seeing anything that indicates he could get even close to 20 ppg...

i assumed you got that I was joking but maybe not

5 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

We’re projected to win 4 of the last 6 and I think we have a great shot at 5 with Ohio St and their schedule so this game could really help turn things around. There’s no big time bruisers on Wisco so TJD and Race need to assert themselves and get back to the “buddy ball”. That should free up shots and I’m hoping with a home game that guys like Stewart, Kopp, and Bates will show up.

I think the key will be X and his decision making. We can’t afford to have Coach rely so heavily on Galloway to run point. We also really need to get back to pushing the ball out in transition because our half court offense isn’t cutting it lately. 

I think we win a close one. 

We SHOULD win 4 of the last 6…. But I’ll believe it when I see it. 

• Like 2

TICKETS ARE SOLD

2 seats + parking pass available for tonight.

Section A, Row 14, Seats 3 & 4 (Center-court side of the aisle). Parking pass is Lot E/Entry 2 in front of Assembly Hall. $100 for all.

Will transfer tickets electronically with Venmo or PayPal payment. Parking pass can be picked up in Columbus, IN today before 3:30 or I will be at the Uptown Cafe with the pass by 5:15. 

Respond to eddy4iu@gmail.com

Edited by eddy4iu
  • Like 2

Feeling good about this one. Team's been through some adversity, but this is the same team (well, plus Trey minus Rob) that was putting the wood to Wisconsin in their place in the first half last time, and then let it get away. This is also a pretty good matchup for us. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Feeling good about this one. Team's been through some adversity, but this is the same team (well, plus Trey minus Rob) that was putting the wood to Wisconsin in their place in the first half last time, and then let it get away. This is also a pretty good matchup for us. 

i hope you're right.  Not how i am feeling right now

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Hope you're right but it's February and the late season skids of the past leave me doubting

58 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

I do think physically it's a good matchup, but mentally they have the edge. 

They're tough. They went into the same hostile environment we just got sent away from with our tails between our legs, and won by making clutch plays down the stretch. I don't think our environment will have much of an effect on them.

We have to play like we did against OSU and Purdue...great defense, and someone needs to step up offensively...I'm not sure if Galloway starts or not, but I'm sure he gets the Johnny Davis assignment when he's in there...

I expect the critical difference tonight being whether IU can turn the corner and make key plays down the stretch to pull it out. 

I also would like to see what the coaches are thinking in terms of adjustments.  They saw a tale of two halves last time, and there is a lot that they can look at in terms of game plan and adjustments.  Trey mentioned in the press conference that we let them dictate tempo in the second half and we can't let that happen.  That's easy to say, but how will the coaches adjust.

Also, Davis killed us last time.  And our perimeter defense against MSU was hardly stellar.  This will have to be dealt with.  You can't just let him come out and bury you again.  Adjust.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I do think physically it's a good matchup, but mentally they have the edge. 

They're tough. They went into the same hostile environment we just got sent away from with our tails between our legs, and won by making clutch plays down the stretch. I don't think our environment will have much of an effect on them.

We have to play like we did against OSU and Purdue...great defense, and someone needs to step up offensively...I'm not sure if Galloway starts or not, but I'm sure he gets the Johnny Davis assignment when he's in there...

The way CMW talked about Galloway in the post game, i think he goes back to the bench