OSU II Game Thread

Reacher

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

Leal missing 2 free throws there is brutal. 

It's like for 5 years we've just had guys that completely shrink when there is any pressure. 

I don’t mean that as a shot at Leal, just more a symptom of a struggling program. 

We miss big free throws for 5 years. We can't make wide open shots. We can't score down the stretch of close games. 

We can't win in February. Even our good free throw shooters miss big free throws. 

It's like for 5 years the confidence just gets drained out of guys. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Same ol missed Bunnies and Free throws!

Yep.  Story of IU of recent vintage.  Lot of missed chances, beating themselves.  I think we had at least one front end of a one and one we missed.  When we shoot the ball beyond a dunk, including free throws, I’m conditioned to expect a miss.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

It's like for 5 years we've just had guys that completely shrink when there is any pressure. 

I don’t mean that as a shot at Leal, just more a symptom of a struggling program. 

We miss big free throws for 5 years. We can't make wide open shots. We can't score down the stretch of close games. 

We can't win in February. Even our good free throw shooters miss big free throws. 

It's like for 5 years the confidence just gets drained out of guys. 

Its like when you put on the IU jersey, you suddenly can't pour piss out of a boot. I swear there is some weird voodoo curse going on here!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Need to remind myself we're missing 2 of our top 7 players. Not trying to make excuses, but this team hasn't been the same since Phinisee got hurt. Missing Galloway is big too. 

Regardless, IU needs to find a win here. Needs to play desperate. 

We all find coping mechanisms. Sorry to say it aint those 2. It's the honest to god killer instinct in all of them. Why is it acceptable to lose as an IU player now? WEAK Sauce boys ! 

• Like 1