2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

34 minutes ago, rico said:

Charlie Goldsmith
@CharlieG__

The Reds have placed Kevin Newman on the IL with gastritis. That's the corresponding move for CES.

Translated:  Kevin Newman no longer warrants a roster spot, and we will be trading him as soon as his gas passes.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I wonder what kind of deal(s) is in the works?

I doubt they do much at the trade deadline. I wouldn't trade one of our top prospects for rental pitchers. Hopefully get t a LHP for the bullpen and a starter like Lance Lynn. In the off season I would look to trade India and Senzel and maybe a prospect like Arroyo who will be blocked due to our young infield 

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I doubt they do much at the trade deadline. I wouldn't trade one of our top prospects for rental pitchers. Hopefully get t a LHP for the bullpen and a starter like Lance Lynn. In the off season I would look to trade India and Senzel and maybe a prospect like Arroyo who will be blocked due to our young infield 

It appears that Newman is on the block.

So far through 3 innings the slump doesn't  look close to being over. They made very little solid contract and making weak outs. Luckily the one hard hit was a home run by McClain but besides that nothing. We had that stretch of hitting home runs in 19 straight games and wonder now if we are trying to hit everything out of the park. The offense was better when we were using more of our speed and just putting good contact on the ball.

On 7/16/2023 at 5:55 PM, Seeking6 said:

For the Cubs brethren. Stroman's answer to reporter question after game yesterday was about well as you could say anything. Basically why would an organization not want to be good year after year vs selling players at trade....

Nothing inspires excitement and confidence like selling off at the deadline for 3 consecutive seasons, if that ends up being the outcome. 

• Like 1

For most of the year we was all hit and no pitching. We are finally getting consistent good starting pitching but can't hit now.

I don't know if we are just getting hot pitching against a s or just had luck. It seems like the last 5 games the pitchers are painting the black and right at the knees

51 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Nothing inspires excitement and confidence like selling off at the deadline for 3 consecutive seasons, if that ends up being the outcome. 

And on top of that basically not having anyone to show for all the players we let go or traded. Name one starter that came from all the moves. 

Jed can see his self the door....coattails on Theo his entire career.

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

.316 OBP isn't very good. The Tigers have the worst offense in baseball and have 4 guys with a higher OBP than that. Luckily he hits home runs or he'd probably be in the minors by now. 

Yep..that crucial little thing like homers is kind of important.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Only 3 people in the NL do something better than he does. That's hit HR's...I'll step away from the KS stuff. Amazing how much grief one of our own gets. 

Who is giving him grief but I am not one who thinks just hitting a lot of home runs makes you a good player. He is a Rob Deer or Dave Kingman who can kill the ball when they made contact but it didn't happen often.  I take a stat line like Tommy Herr when he hit .310,9hr, 110 rbi

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Who is giving him grief but I am not one who thinks just hitting a lot of home runs makes you a good player. He is a Rob Deer or Dave Kingman who can kill the ball when they made contact but it didn't happen often.  I take a stat line like Tommy Herr when he hit .310,9hr, 110 rbi

Right now Kyle is averaging 40 HRs and 89 RBI over 162 games.  Most teams will take that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And on top of that basically not having anyone to show for all the players we let go or traded. Name one starter that came from all the moves. 

Jed can see his self the door....coattails on Theo his entire career.

Trading Stroman could bring back a haul...or maybe not?

Tommy Herr was a 2nd baseman..  

He only had two seasons where he hit over .278... he only had 4 seasons with more than 60 RBIs.. two of those were 60, 61... 

Career- .270/.347/.350-- he wasn't even an average slap hitter... if @5fouls isn't as impressed with Shohei hitting 55 bombs as he is Babe Ruth because of the difference in eras, what Herr did at the plate shouldn't be impressive at all. 

Schwarber-- .228/.336/.490 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Tommy Herr was a 2nd baseman..  

He only had two seasons where he hit over .278... he only had 4 seasons with more than 60 RBIs.. two of those were 60, 61... 

Career- .270/.347/.350-- he wasn't even an average slap hitter... if @5fouls isn't as impressed with Shohei hitting 55 bombs as he is Babe Ruth because of the difference in eras, what Herr did at the plate shouldn't be impressive at all. 

Schwarber-- .228/.336/.490 

I think what tells most about Herr is his all-star appearances.  He only had 1.  That tells you all you need to know.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

For most of the year we was all hit and no pitching. We are finally getting consistent good starting pitching but can't hit now.

I don't know if we are just getting hot pitching against a s or just had luck. It seems like the last 5 games the pitchers are painting the black and right at the knees

A lot of your guys are newer players and it takes a minute to get a good book on where the holes in their swings are...

But once they find them, everybody knows it... And if you can't adjust, you go the Joe Charboneau route... 

• Like 1