2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I was totally against robo umps when the season started.  I'm firmly behind the idea now.  I'm tired of the sh*t we see night in and night out.

From what I understand but would just be someone in a booth telling the ump if it was a strike or not. The commissioner was adament that it isn't a robot making the calls

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

From what I understand but would just be someone in a booth telling the ump if it was a strike or not. The commissioner was adament that it isn't a robot making the calls

It's a motion detecting machine that sets up a strike zone for each hitter and tells a computer whether the ball passed through the strike zone or not...Software driven system... 

Come on Scott... No one was expecting the Jetson's maid behind the plate calling balls and strikes... 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's a motion detecting machine that sets up a strike zone for each hitter and tells a computer whether the ball passed through the strike zone or not...Software driven system... 

Come on Scott... No one was expecting the Jetson's maid behind the plate calling balls and strikes... 

What the commissioner said it is a actual person telling the ump from up above.

59 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Rosie The Robot Maid | Heroes Wiki | Fandom

• Haha 1

Cody Bellinger is absolutely on fire for the Cubs and besides Ohtani will be one of the most coveted trade deadline acquisitions.

For the 3rd year in a row instead of building around a guy like this who has found his old form the Cubs will be sellers once again. I'm assuming Cashman from the Yankees has already made the call.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cody Bellinger is absolutely on fire for the Cubs and besides Ohtani will be one of the most coveted trade deadline acquisitions.

For the 3rd year in a row instead of building around a guy like this who has found his old form the Cubs will be sellers once again. I'm assuming Cashman from the Yankees has already made the call.

Problem is that the Yanks have nothing imo.  If I were the Cubs I would be looking to the Twins or Indians as trade partners for Bellinger.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Seems like the Ricketts would rather have "Best Minor League System" trophies than World Series trophies... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Why not make sure the umps are better instead of having a automatic strike zone

Maybe humans weren't meant to umpire games? 

It isn't just starting that umps suck. Sorry, some umps suck. 

I've umpired probably 200+ games behind the plate, 12U and below.. man it isn't easy, flat out cannot imagine doing it at the pro level. 

I don't understand the hold up. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

And how would you propose doing that? They can be awful and not face any type of repercussions. 

My issue isn't they're awful... 

My issue is... why don't they care to be better/does the MLB take any sort of measure to help them improve?

Edited by btownqb

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

My issue isn't they're awful... 

My issue is... why don't they care to be better/does the MLB take any sort of measure to help them improve?

That’s a fantastic point. It seems like they can be awful and it doesn’t even matter because they won’t get fired or face any disciplinary action.