2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Where has the offense gone for the Braves. Had the best offense all year but through 15 innings they haven't scored in the playoffs. Always say great pitching will bear great hitting 

I guess I was a good luck charm for the Braves. They have a ored 3 runs since this post

MLB Playoffs have always been goofy, a small sample of coin flips in a sport where even great teams win just ~60% of the time. It's akin to asking teams to win a sprint after having just run a six month marathon. Now with the format, it does have the feel of giving some teams a running start. 

Ah well. The 2023 Braves were a lot of fun for six full months. I won't let one bad week spoil that.

Well, okay, maybe just a little.

The sample size is pretty small for this format. I don't think it an issue.  3 of 8 teams with byes over last 2 year made the LCS. I like the format and best of 3 WC series.  

Tampa didn't have a layoff but lost. They had 2nd best record in AL. Maybe a bye would have done them good.  Maybe the the real issue is divisions. 

Houston was lucky to get a bye but they still won their first series. So layoff did not bother them. They had layoff last year went all the way. Yanks had bye and got to ALCS so AL has held form. 

Atlanta has lost to Philly each of the last 2 years so maybe philly just has their number. You'd think Atlanta would be wanting revnge.

• Like 1