2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs hire Craig Counsell. Love this move and hire...all they've done is kick our tails for 5 years. Now go get some players and we'll see what's up next year.

Not a big Counsell fan, and I'm shocked they let Ross go...He wasn't the one making errors in the field those last 2 weeks... Although I've never been a fan of Ross either, I thought he did a good job for most of the 2nd half last year... 

Ah, well... 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs hire Craig Counsell. Love this move and hire...all they've done is kick our tails for 5 years. Now go get some players and we'll see what's up next year.

That’s a hell of a hire. My hope is that it prompts the Cardinals to actually go spend money and reclaim being the king of the division. But I’m not holding my breath on it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not a big Counsell fan, and I'm shocked they let Ross go...He wasn't the one making errors in the field those last 2 weeks... Although I've never been a fan of Ross either, I thought he did a good job for most of the 2nd half last year... 

Ah, well... 

It's a really good hire honestly. Lots of teams wanted him. I'm not saying it's a Maddon move but get a good coach, open up the payroll, and we might be back up top in the division next year.

37 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s a hell of a hire. My hope is that it prompts the Cardinals to actually go spend money and reclaim being the king of the division. But I’m not holding my breath on it. 

I'm hoping the Cardinals flounder in last place for the next 137 years.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

It's a really good hire honestly. Lots of teams wanted him. I'm not saying it's a Maddon move but get a good coach, open up the payroll, and we might be back up top in the division next year.

I hope so...

But the Ricketts are in Trib ownership territory as far as I'm concerned...Wasn't it just a month ago Ricketts was saying Ross did a great job and would be back?

“I think Ross had a great season, and the players played hard for him,” Ricketts said. “He’s our guy. I like him a lot, and I think he had a good year. When the team got down, way below .500 and it looked like the season was over, he didn’t let it go. He got the guys back and playing hard. We got to here. He was a big part of that. I think he’s a great manager.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Cubs fans.  Are you happy with the Craig Counsell news?

I am. I think Ross was decent, but definitely thought he made quite a few mistakes, especially with pitching decisions late in games. That said, I do hope Ross gets another shot with someone and wish him well.

As for Counsell, I am happy with the hire. He was in demand for a reason. My only concern, is his lack of postseason success...but hopefully he turns that around with the Cubs.

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I hope so...

But the Ricketts are in Trib ownership territory as far as I'm concerned...Wasn't it just a month ago Ricketts was saying Ross did a great job and would be back?

“I think Ross had a great season, and the players played hard for him,” Ricketts said. “He’s our guy. I like him a lot, and I think he had a good year. When the team got down, way below .500 and it looked like the season was over, he didn’t let it go. He got the guys back and playing hard. We got to here. He was a big part of that. I think he’s a great manager.

My guess is that the South Bend and Notre Dame guy (only downside I know of) back channeled his desire to come to Chicago. From there Jed (who is notoriously quiet) made the move. If I were guessing Ross will be offered some sort of front office position as a gesture (his call on whether to accept) and we go from there. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My guess is that the South Bend and Notre Dame guy (only downside I know of) back channeled his desire to come to Chicago. From there Jed (who is notoriously quiet) made the move. If I were guessing Ross will be offered some sort of front office position as a gesture (his call on whether to accept) and we go from there. 

My Bob Knight side says if I were Ross and they offered me a front office job after publicly humiliating me like that, I'd tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine :) 

I don't know...Ownership saying "he's our guy" and then canning him a month later is a shitty way to do business...

As I said, Counsell hasn't really done much to impress me between the lines...Hearing "He works well with the front office" screams "yes man" to me...

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My Bob Knight side says if I were Ross and they offered me a front office job after publicly humiliating me like that, I'd tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine :) 

I don't know...Ownership saying "he's our guy" and then canning him a month later is a shitty way to do business...

As I said, Counsell hasn't really done much to impress me between the lines...Hearing "He works well with the front office" screams "yes man" to me...

I'm more in part 2 of that article. Does more with less. Give him a payroll (if that happens) and let's see. Time will tell for sure!

2 minutes ago, rico said:

And I know plenty of women who want intercourse just like this. I literally had a woman tell me yesterday she wanted me to spank her so hard it makes he kick, cry and beg to stop.

🤣

On 11/9/2023 at 8:50 AM, btownqb said:

And I know plenty of women who want intercourse just like this. I literally had a woman tell me yesterday she wanted me to spank her so hard it makes he kick, cry and beg to stop.

🤣

You been visiting the ladies at the retirement home again?