2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Just now, ATX_sig said:

I really hate that about Bell. I realize injuries factor in some this year but the constant juggling of the lineup is crazy.  When Bochy 1st arrived in Texas he set a lineup and the main players stay in their same spot. If they went out for an injury or load management their replacement took that spot in the order not to disrupt the othes..   His claim is MLB players are creatures of habit and are more comfortable when they know what to expect on a day to day basis. 

When Bochy arrived in Texas he had about 4x the talent that Bell does, so he has that ability. 

Who else could you put in the leadoff role with Friedl, India, and McClain hurt?

@IU Scott was upset with Bell last year for NOT changing the lineup. 

So glad I got to see him a few weeks ago. Skenes treating the Cubs like tball time.....and Hendricks imploding. 

Regarding Skenes I have no clue what the projection is but he's got the best arm my amateur eyes have seen since Stras...and actually better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

When Bochy arrived in Texas he had about 4x the talent that Bell does, so he has that ability. 

Who else could you put in the leadoff role with Friedl, India, and McClain hurt?

@IU Scott was upset with Bell last year for NOT changing the lineup. 

I don't remember complaining about the lineup that much but my biggest complaints are about how he handles the pitching staff

Well I was flipping through the channels and saw the Cubs and Pirates game on MLB but it is blacked out. I don't understand why that would be blacked out in the Indy area. I have the Marquee Network so I could watch Skenes pitch.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2024 at 4:15 PM, IU Scott said:

Well I was flipping through the channels and saw the Cubs and Pirates game on MLB but it is blacked out. I don't understand why that would be blacked out in the Indy area. I have the Marquee Network so I could watch Skenes pitch.

Watch it on the Marquee network!!!! 

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's a double 

I watched every angle shown in the story multiple times, and I se HR every time.  That said, the left fielder threw his arms up in the universal sign of a ground rule double.  If he did that intentionally to mislead, that's impressive thinking. 

I'm going to say double, despite what my eyes see and chalk it up to an optical illusion.  

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I watched every angle shown in the story multiple times, and I se HR every time.  That said, the left fielder threw his arms up in the universal sign of a ground rule double.  If he did that intentionally to mislead, that's impressive thinking. 

I'm going to say double, despite what my eyes see and chalk it up to an optical illusion.  

I feel like this tweet was pretty definitive. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I feel like this tweet was pretty definitive. 

I couldnt find it at first, but now knowing the ball bounces to the left, you can easily see the ball with the black screen behind.

• Like 1

Had an event tonight in Great America for the conference. As a baseball fan, it was pretty awesome. Tossed a few pitches in the bullpen (lit the gun for 70. Not really. Hit 55…hoping my arm doesn’t fall off tomorrow!!!). Other than that it was the standard tour stuff. Open access to both dugouts.  They recently put in this over-sized pinballesque baseball game based on the old baseball pinball games. It was pretty epic!!!!!

Heading to the game tomorrow night!!

IMG_3367.jpeg

IMG_3370.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

IMG_3378.jpeg

Edited by Naturalhoosier
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Had an event tonight in Great America for the conference. As a baseball fan, it was pretty awesome. Tossed a few pitches in the bullpen (lit the gun for 70. Not really. Hit 55…hoping my arm doesn’t fall off tomorrow!!!). Other than that it was the standard tour stuff. Open access to both dugouts.  They recently put in this over-sized pinballesque baseball game based on the old baseball pinball games. It was pretty epic!!!!!

Heading to the game tomorrow night!!

IMG_3367.jpeg

IMG_3370.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

IMG_3378.jpeg

Hey, there are always teams looking to sign  a soft-tossing lefty for the bullpen.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Very cool that you got to do the tour.  Can you help bring the Reds a victory tonight?  Such a disappointing season.

I’ll be the guy about 25 rows behind home plate in the Craig Biggio jersey. ;)  Will do my best to bring the Reds a victory. 

Edited by Naturalhoosier
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I’ll be the guy about 25 rows behind home plate in the Craig Biggio jersey. ;)  Will do my best to bring the Reds a victory. 

If they lose, all blame goes to you.