2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol I know the rules. Martinez’s back foot was outside the batter’s box which isn’t allowed. 

Can you post a definitive pic that shows that? 

The line gets rubbed out in the first inning of the game, so it's hard to make that determination anyway...

But there are 2 definite truths here...the umpire judged it as catcher's interference, and he got hit on the swing itself, not the back swing...to have that part of his arm anywhere near the strike zone is not only stupid, which your team will pay the price for, but illegal as well...

Enjoy last place...

Edited by IUFLA

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Can you post a definitive pic that shows that? 

The line gets rubbed out in the first inning of the game, so it's hard to make that determination anyway...

But there are 2 definite truths here...the umpire judged it as catcher's interference, and he got hit on the swing itself, not the back swing...to have that part of his arm anywhere near the strike zone is not only stupid, which your team will pay the price for, but illegal as well...

Enjoy last place...

Not a picture but a video replay shows it. 

At the 00:37 mark you can clearly see his foot well beyond the back line. Martinez has done this multiple times which makes sense since I’m guessing this isn’t the first time he’s been outside the box. They need to do a better job of having a clear separation between catcher and batter so this stops happening. And it’s not illegal unless the player has both feet in the box which didn’t happen. 

Last place sucks but as a Cards fan, luckily it doesn’t happen too often. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’s so obvious he’s behind the line lol. 

Maybe so, but Zach Edey camped in the lane for the entire shot clock and travelled 72% of the time he touched the ball.  

Watching the D-Backs-Reds...

Always loved Barry Larkin as a player, and always thought he was a good guy...he's grown on me as a color analyst...knows what he's talking about and doesn't fill up dead air time with useless talk...John Sadak is really good too...

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Watching the D-Backs-Reds...

Always loved Barry Larkin as a player, and always thought he was a good guy...he's grown on me as a color analyst...knows what he's talking about and doesn't fill up dead air time with useless talk...John Sadak is really good too...

I think the Reds color guys are great. That was worded pretty poorly, but I think we can all understand I am talking about "commentary". 

Edited by btownqb

I would doubt there have been many drafts with as many advanced hitters as--- Braden Montgomery, Charlie Condon, Jac Caglianone, JJ Wetherholt, Travis Bazzana, and Nick Kurtz. Throw in pitchers-- Hagen Smith+Chase Burns. 

PLUS-- absolute sluggers in Tommy White and Billy Amick. 

Wild the firepower at the top of this draft. 

49 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I would doubt there have been many drafts with as many advanced hitters as--- Braden Montgomery, Charlie Condon, Jac Caglianone, JJ Wetherholt, Travis Bazzana, and Nick Kurtz. Throw in pitchers-- Hagen Smith+Chase Burns. 

PLUS-- absolute sluggers in Tommy White and Billy Amick. 

Wild the firepower at the top of this draft. 

Who should the Reds pick st at #2

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Who should the Reds pick st at #2

Man, that's a tough one... I feel the Reds are loaded with infielders, and even in their minor leagues, they are. Especially middle INF.... Arroyo, Marte, Collier-- and others. 

Jac Caglianone would be so hard to pass on if Condon goes #1. Caglianone pitches too, but I feel he'll be a hitter only at the next level. He is absolutely freaking massive, too. Caglianone is 1B only though at the MLB level. (no other defensive position)... 

The best "fit" for what else the Reds have--- Braden Montgomery. OF/Switch hitter

-------------------------------------------------

I guess Bazzana is VERY highly thought of--- he's the one out of this grouping that I have seen the least. 

His stat line currently--- .428/.591/1.006--- 26 HRs 25Ks 61BBs and projects to play second base. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Reds walking out of the 2024 draft with one of Condon, Caglianone, Montgomery, or Bazzana is freaking awesome and I would be shocked if that didn't happen. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Man, that's a tough one... I feel the Reds are loaded with infielders, and even in their minor leagues, they are. Especially middle INF.... Arroyo, Marte, Collier-- and others. 

Jac Caglianone would be so hard to pass on if Condon goes #1. Caglianone pitches too, but I feel he'll be a hitter only at the next level. He is absolutely freaking massive, too. Caglianone is 1B only though at the MLB level. (no other defensive position)... 

The best "fit" for what else the Reds have--- Braden Montgomery. OF/Switch hitter

-------------------------------------------------

I guess Bazzana is VERY highly thought of--- he's the one out of this grouping that I have seen the least. 

His stat line currently--- .428/.591/1.006--- 26 HRs 25Ks 61BBs and projects to play second base. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Reds walking out of the 2024 draft with one of Condon, Caglianone, Montgomery, or Bazzana is freaking awesome and I would be shocked if that didn't happen. 

Don't forget he could be a DH as well

The Reds finally got some offense in the 7th and scored 3 runs to tie the game at 4. In typical Reds fashion the bullpen gave back the lead in the top of 8th after getting the first two outs and then walking the 8th and 9th batters in the lineup. 

Reds lose their 8th straight game losing 5-4 to Arizona. Now the Refs goes on a 10 game road trip 3@SF, 3@ Arizona, 4@ Dodgers. Could be out of the pennant race by the end of May. They need to do something about their hitting and fire the hitting coach. Still can't believe they have kept Bell this long as manager. This team plays last lifeless and takes the personality of their manager.

Fundamentals...Cards at Brewers

Bottom of the 1st, 1 out, and runners on 1st and 2nd...

Adames grounds to 3rd, Arenado, rather than just going to 2nd for the 5-4-3, tries to tag Contreras, missed him, then threw it to first for 1. Now runners at 2nd and 3rd. Gray then throws a wild pitch to score 1, and Rhys Hoskins clears the bases with a HR to center...

No wonder they're in the cellar...

And while I like Chip Caray, Jim Edmonds is monotone and dry as toast

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Welp the Astros avoided their second sweep by the Yankees by winning 4-3 today.

Newly acquired, former Cubs pitcher, Marcus Stroman, gave up 3 runs in the 1st inning, OUCH....

Yea!!!!  Beat the Spankees!!!!  I know i know. You can talk about your 582 tired rings like we Hoosier fans talk about tired banners! ;)

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2024 at 10:43 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Or maybe Martinez should’ve been completely inside the batters box. 

Circling back to this.  Watching MLB Network right now.  they are placing 100% of the blame on Contrares for sticking is arm forward to try and steal the strike.  Compared his catching style to Molina's and showed video evidence that Molina would give the batter room to swing and Contrares does not. 

Harold Reynolds even pointed out that it is the catcher's responsibility to now the swing habits of each hitter and that Contrares should have now the idiosyncrasies of Martinez's swing. 

You might want to rethink your homer take on this one.   

On 5/8/2024 at 8:13 AM, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol I know the rules. Martinez’s back foot was outside the batter’s box which isn’t allowed. 

Just watched video evidence on MLB network that showed Contrares set up only a foot behind Martinez's bat before the swing and then stuck his arm FORWARD from there.  For the record, bats are close to 3 feet in length.  Do the math.

• Like 1