Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

You don’t watch the game like a coach. Coaches understand basketball. 

Oh, the tough guy / internet warrior is back again. Coaches don’t make non-stop excuses either. But we can all count on you and a couple others to enlighten us on “everything” basketball though. Your show is old man. You keep making your excuses. I’ll keep giving my opinions. Don’t like it, don’t comment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

To act like officiating didn't 1,000% play a major part in the outcome of this game is completely disingenuous. It isn't the only thing that dictated the game but it was a big part. 

In a game that physical, it is unfathomable that Purdue only had 2 second half fouls called on them with under 4 minutes to go. Meanwhile, they were already in the double bonus. 

With that said, IU played really hard and played just as well, if not better then Purdue. 

Hate to lay blame on him because there were other things that hurt us, but Parker Stewart just absolutely has to make that wide open 3 at the end. You just have to make that. 

I absolutely thought the officials were poor, and teams should NOT have to count on that on the road. But we had our chances, made some stupid decisions and missed some open shots. We had our chances, poor officials or not, is all I’m saying.

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 3

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

I absolutely thought the officials were poor, and teams should NOT have to count on that on the road. But we had our chances, made some stupid decisions and missed done open shots. We had our chances, poor officials or not, is all I’m saying.

We did have our chances. Parker Stewart has got to make that 3. He just had too, it's a completely wide open 3 for a 40%+ 3pt shooter. There wasn't anyone even near him. 

With that said, with an even remotely fair whistle, we're not even in that situation. 

That was not just a poor road whistle. That was blatantly crazy. With under 4 minutes to go Purdue is in the double bonus while they only had 2 fouls called on them. That is absolutely insane in a game that physical. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Im not going to get into it with you. I get it. It’s frustrating. Shooters go through slumps.  Even with that stat your threw out I’m sure he’s still around 40%. We begged for shooters last few years. We got two. Maybe we don’t know as much as we think. Also the foul was called. Questionable at best. But I get it. 

All good man. Frustrated. With that said, we need shooters who can create their own shot. XJ, minus the last possession was great, kids at least battle, but we just don’t have kids mentally tough enough to finish or knock down the big shots when we absolutely need them. Maybe we should have been running RP off that screen. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Oh, the tough guy / internet warrior is back again. Coaches don’t make non-stop excuses either. But we can all count on you and a couple others to enlighten us on “everything” basketball though. Your show is old man. You keep making your excuses. I’ll keep giving my opinions. Don’t like it, don’t comment. 

Yes, I definitely play the tough guy between the two of us…

Its not excuses, it’s reality. I have no problem saying when things aren’t good or good enough. You on the other hand do nothing but blame then claim you “watch like a coach…” You wouldn’t have a team if you were a coach. 

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yes, I definitely play the tough guy between the two of us…

Its not excuses, it’s reality. I have no problem saying when things aren’t good or good enough. You on the other hand do nothing but blame then claim you “watch like a coach…” You wouldn’t have a team if you were a coach. 

🤣🤣🤣 to your first sentence. We can all tell you think highly of yourself. 

Reality bc you say so? 🤣🤣🤣

I have a lot more respect for people on here than you tend to, so, again, you do your typical thing and ignore me. No interest in your opinions, especially of me. Couldn’t care less man. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

To act like officiating didn't 1,000% play a major part in the outcome of this game is completely disingenuous. It isn't the only thing that dictated the game but it was a big part. 

In a game that physical, it is unfathomable that Purdue only had 2 second half fouls called on them with under 4 minutes to go. Meanwhile, they were already in the double bonus. 

With that said, IU played really hard and played just as well, if not better then Purdue. 

Hate to lay blame on him because there were other things that hurt us, but Parker Stewart just absolutely has to make that wide open 3 at the end. You just have to make that. 

I put it in its own thread, but I sent an email to the Big Ten office.  This one put me in a place where I could not stand by and take it any more.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Woodson's first job once the season ends is making sure XJ isn't going anywhere. 

Amen to this. I'm walking in between yards right now on a glorious 77 degree day in Indy and I'm honestly jacked up for the Big 10 tourney. Looks like the guys have turned a corner in the mental game....now we just need to get over the hump at money time. 

Put XJ with JHS and 1-2 shooters develop? Reminder gang. Mackey is kind of a tough place to play. These state of the program posts just are silly. This team is much much better today than it was vs Syracuse. Injuries, maybe some calls,etc...is the difference between being 12-8 and 9-11 in league play.

• Like 4

Just now, 5fouls said:

I put it in its own thread, but I sent an email to the Big Ten office.  This one put me in a place where I could not stand by and take it any more.

Something that hasn't been mentioned was that absolutely joke of a technical foul on Parker Stewart. 

First, that stuff happens all the time in games. Second, what Stewart did to Gillis was basically nothing and was the same thing Gillis did to him. 

Finally, Hummel says on the broadcast that it was a case of "getting the second guy". Well, then what was the replay for? Because in the replay you can clearly see both guys bumped each other. 

• Like 7