2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

FWIW, I think the repostings were subterfuge to put a little mystique in to a recruitment that was being viewed as over...

The Kansas fans at least, don't think much of Liam's game... unathletic, can't defend, blah, blah, blah...

Of course, after the Mgbako deal if they would manage to pry him away, he'd evolve into Magic Bird, destined to set the basketball world on its ear under the tutelage of William the Gangsta... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

FWIW, I think the repostings were subterfuge to put a little mystique in to a recruitment that was being viewed as over...

The Kansas fans at least, don't think much of Liam's game... unathletic, can't defend, blah, blah, blah...

Of course, after the Mgbako deal if they would manage to pry him away, he'd evolve into Magic Bird, destined to set the basketball world on its ear under the tutelage of William the Gangsta... 

If you could deliver this message, with the same method, word smithing and hand jesters as "The Fat Electrician" does his military education video's........... I'm donating big to your "you fund" !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JW75 said:

Athletes are a different breed.  I have a Senior in High School that still can't decide between 3 colleges, no athletics even involved.  Can't imagine the pressure and stress these guys roll with. 

Absolutely.  I have a HS senior being contacted by small school coaches in his sport, and can’t decide if he wants to play his sport or give it up and go to IU, which has an excellent program in his chosen field of study.  They change their minds almost daily.  And there’s nothing wrong with that.  It’s the rest of their lives at stake.  That’s why I just chuckle when people think they are sure where these kids are gonna go to school, and I literally laugh out loud when fans of whatever school flippantly post that a coach “whiffed” when he doesn’t get a kid.

Edited by IUJoe
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Also Ledlum told IU he was coming to IU and then changed his mind after visiting Tennessee for some reason. There’s no comparison between him and McNeeley and their recruitments. 

43 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Exactly, since Ledlum ultimately ended up at St Johns after all

For a grad transfer from Harvard, Ledlum sure bungled his transfer.  I know these kids can be lied to, but you have to be pretty naive to think that you'll have to work at one school but the other one is all roses and buttercups.  A four year player should have known better.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

What is wrong with saying next year will be interesting? Will it not be interesting either way if we get Liam or not? 🤨

Is your name Debbie? I only ask because I went to school with a Debbie Taylor that broke my heart 40 yeas ago. It's still painful. 

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier

9 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Not sawing that I am old and not saying that I can't notice a money grab, but can you explain this to me, in a way that doesn't hurt as much? What am i missing?

He’s posting pictures of him in IU gear near commitment time. This is something you would like to see.