2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

He is going to announce on Sunday.

Where'd you get that info?

25 minutes ago, DWB said:

This makes me VERY uneasy.

Woody is going there for one of two reasons...Either the kid expressed some doubt about IU and was swayed by Self, or he and Kenya are going to be part of the announcement...And I think it's interesting the intel said McNeeley AND Queen...

The other thing is, Self pivoted to Passmore rather quicky after his visit with Liam...

I actually feel "double" good :)

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

Cmon. Everyone said this about this year, at this time last year. 

Then we get Ware, MM, Sparks, XJ comes back and we're rocking and rolling again. 

Yeah, IU's fanbase has pretty much worn out the panic button.  Thankfully, the staff doesn't freak out like we tend to do.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Where's you get that info?

Woody is going there for one of two reasons...Either the kid expressed some doubt about IU and was swayed by Self, or he and Kenya are going to be part of the announcement...And I think it's interesting the intel said McNeeley AND Queen...

The other thing is, Self pivoted to Passmore rather quicky after his visit with Liam...

image.jpeg.d5ac43a66534002958c0c194d1e7d32d.jpeg

• Haha 1

Well according to this article, “A decision is expected to be made in the next two to three weeks. As of today, it sounds like Indiana is in the lead. But Kansas always has a puncher's chance and has had their fair share of surprise commitments.

Until a decision is officially made, Indiana will be sweating this one out”

🙃

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/longformarticle/college-basketball-recruiting-latest-intel-on-cooper-flagg-dylan-harper-tre-johnson-vj-edgecombe-jayden-quaintance-and-top-15-undecided-prospects-217000782/#2254884

20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Where'd you get that info?

I think an important aspect of the visit is to get a feel for how Self recruites in the 11th hour! Woody still learning while winning in the high stakes recruiting game.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

My concern is that 18 yr olds are notorious for changing their minds rather easily. I know I was at that age. Now I'm the other extreme and stuck in my ways.

No doubt Self knows how to talk the talk. And if he found a button to push with Liam, he probably did it with his fist full of dollars.

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Why?....... I think it's what has to be done to try to win these tough recruiting battles. I would be nervous if he didn't visit. I would definitely want to be the last one speaking to a recruit in person before a decision.

Agree with the last one to make a pitch. But based on what several of our "insiders" were saying, are saying, it's a done deal. If it was a done deal, Self never would have gotten thru the door.

5 minutes ago, DWB said:

Agree with the last one to make a pitch. But based on what several of our "insiders" were saying, are saying, it's a done deal. If it was a done deal, Self never would have gotten thru the door.

It might be. He was going to visit Flagg first and foremost. The passmore canceled visit to Arkansas and scheduling one to Kansas is very telling imo

• Like 2

Just now, DWB said:

Totally agree on Flagg, but you gotta believe Self is also courting McNeely.

If you read the Kansas insiders, the ONLY reason he had another visit with McNeeley was because he was going to be down there anyway for Flagg...Word was the coaching staff didn't like much about McNeeley's game beyond the shooting...

3 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

The passmore canceled visit to Arkansas and scheduling one to Kansas is very telling imo

I think so too...Passmore was Plan B to McNeeley...