2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

23 minutes ago, KDB said:

The "gansta" post was when Passmore cancelled his Arkansas trip in favor of a trip to KU...

Today, Trilly posted this...

So being as in the film clip Slater posted Tommy DeVito, who was a "gansta" got his, I'm thinking it's a "turnabout is fair play" thing...

Just a swag (not a "wag" which is a "wild ass guess" but a "SCIENTIFIC wild ass guess" :) )

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

Just now, DC2345 said:

Flagg and McNeeley had discussed teaming up at Kansas. That’s not happening and Kansas turned their attention to Passmore. I’m sure everyone can connect the dots as to why the Flagg visit got cancelled. 

Got the impression Self was trying to create a “race to the finish” scenario by selling Liam on playing with Flagg and then having Passmore as the backup plan since Passmore had wanted KU to prioritize him all along.

Since it seems likely Flagg to Duke and Passmore to KU, think Liam just gets his commitment over with now? 

12 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Got the impression Self was trying to create a “race to the finish” scenario by selling Liam on playing with Flagg and then having Passmore as the backup plan since Passmore had wanted KU to prioritize him all along.

Since it seems likely Flagg to Duke and Passmore to KU, think Liam just gets his commitment over with now? 

I’ve said it before but I think he’s known what he’s doing for a few days and is waiting for the 13th-15th to commit on ESPN but he could always decide to announce before then. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Flagg and McNeeley had discussed teaming up at Kansas. That’s not happening and Kansas turned their attention to Passmore. I’m sure everyone can connect the dots as to why the Flagg visit got cancelled. 

So does that mean Queen is out of play for us, because I was under the impression he and McNeeley had talked about playing together... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So does that mean Queen is out of play for us, because I was under the impression he and McNeeley had talked about playing together... 

I think they've talked about it and would like to play together but they've never been a package deal so I think they'll make independent decisions. That said, landing McNeeley certainly wouldn't hurt in the Queen recruitment. 

8 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I think they've talked about it and would like to play together but they've never been a package deal so I think they'll make independent decisions. That said, landing McNeeley certainly wouldn't hurt in the Queen recruitment. 

I just thought it was strange he'd talk to 2 different teammates about going to 2 different schools with him...

But, the day I can figure out what 18 year olds are thinking, I'll be a rich man 🙂

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I just thought it was strange he'd talk to 2 different teammates about going to 2 different schools with him...

But, the day I can figure out what 18 year olds are thinking, I'll be a rich man 🙂

Like I said, it isnt/wasn't a package deal. More of "it would be cool if we played together" without anything as definite as "we're going to play together." It makes sense since some of the schools McNeeley was considering overlapped with  Queen and Flagg while Queen and Flagg didn't have that overlap. I think McNeeley is closer to Queen than Flagg so that pair is more likely to have their decisions have some influence on each other. McNeeley and Queen made many visits together, including both IU OV.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Where’d you get that from what I said? IU is still in the mix for Queen and McNeeley could very well help IU’s chances. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

With Flagg and McNeeley it was more what Self was trying to sell to the pair. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That makes sense...

Of course, on the Kansas forum, Flagg's stock is sinking faster than the Titanic... 

They are crazy if they are saying he is anything but a stud. I’ve watched a ton of videos…and I mean that kid is sick. Not only is he crazy 3 level talent but he plays with a chip on his shoulder and with a nasty attitude. 

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They are crazy if they are saying he is anything but a stud. I’ve watched a ton of videos…and I mean that kid is sick. Not only is he crazy 3 level talent but he plays with a chip on his shoulder and with a nasty attitude. 

Flagg is one of the best I’ve seen in a long time. Hes literally got it all. KU sour grapes.