Can the Hoosiers beat OSU on Tuesday! Pregame Topic

Drroogh

On 1/28/2018 at 5:54 PM, KoB2011 said:

I think we can. RoJo and Morgan need to be two of the best three players on the court and then we probably need one more guy to step up and score. 

That has to be Josh! He’s a fifth year senior. I would say Justin, but as a freshman you never know what your gonna get!

Not sure what will happen.  It's been a roller coaster ride for college basketball fans from all over this great nation of ours.  Including IU fans.  Heck... there was even a time I felt IU would take out the Boilers, during the first half of the game. Did not expect it. Did not end well for our Hoosiers.  Yet was proud of the effort.

Take out the  Nutcrackers..... or what ever they are called .....  Bucknuts ?.... on their home court ?  No way.  Yet the way this crazy season has gone...... anything can happen.

So.... I will close with what Snowden always posts with........ Go Hoosiers !

Archie referenced this in post game presser. No practice time allowed with this 4 games in 8 days stretch. We really need to get one vs Ohio St or Sparty. I just don't see it happening. Short turnaround for us.  Ohio St coming off disappointing loss and as Archie said last night...they've been sitting around waiting for us since Thursday night.

By the way I think Ohio St, Sparty, Illinois all had home losses the game before we played them.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Archie referenced this in post game presser. No practice time allowed with this 4 games in 8 days stretch. We really need to get one vs Ohio St or Sparty. I just don't see it happening. Short turnaround for us.  Ohio St coming off disappointing loss and as Archie said last night...they've been sitting around waiting for us since Thursday night.

By the way I think Ohio St, Sparty, Illinois all had home losses the game before we played them.

Yes they did, but then again Illinois had nothing but losses before us :) 

It's an away game and bad timing for us. OSU just suffered a home loss against PSU. They will probably try to bounce back with a vengeance. 

It will be an interesting game since OSU is not a big team either. We'll have less match-up issue on the low block. I didn't watch that game, but have no idea how they crushed MSU. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Off topic a bit, but scheduling this many games in such a short time span--that has to be in the best interests of our "student athletes" right??

I know all the teams are faced with similar scheduling at least once throughout the course of the season. Just don't understand it.

As far as the game tonight, I am going to take a page from the Patriots coaching staff--take away the oppositions strength and make someone else beat you. If they can clamp down on Bates-Diop and make their other guys score, we may have a chance. Easier said than done, but only way we win, imo.

13 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Off topic a bit, but scheduling this many games in such a short time span--that has to be in the best interests of our "student athletes" right??

I know all the teams are faced with similar scheduling at least once throughout the course of the season. Just don't understand it.

As far as the game tonight, I am going to take a page from the Patriots coaching staff--take away the oppositions strength and make someone else beat you. If they can clamp down on Bates-Diop and make their other guys score, we may have a chance. Easier said than done, but only way we win, imo.

It all has to do with the Big Ten tournament being moved up a week so they can play in MSG.

20 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

The B1G has scheduled games on two days rest in the past.  Although I didn't have time to look up many years, in 1972-73 the B1G played on Saturday and Monday.  I'm sure there were other years with 2 days rest.

5 minutes ago, slojoe said:

The B1G has scheduled games on two days rest in the past.  Although I didn't have time to look up many years, in 1972-73 the B1G played on Saturday and Monday.  I'm sure there were other years with 2 days rest.

In the late 70's it was Thursday and Saturday.

Archived