Can the Hoosiers beat OSU on Tuesday! Pregame Topic

Drroogh

18 minutes ago, slojoe said:

The B1G has scheduled games on two days rest in the past.  Although I didn't have time to look up many years, in 1972-73 the B1G played on Saturday and Monday.  I'm sure there were other years with 2 days rest.

two days rest is one thing. 4 games in 8 days is too much in my opinion

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Archie referenced this in post game presser. No practice time allowed with this 4 games in 8 days stretch. We really need to get one vs Ohio St or Sparty. I just don't see it happening. Short turnaround for us.  Ohio St coming off disappointing loss and as Archie said last night...they've been sitting around waiting for us since Thursday night.

By the way I think Ohio St, Sparty, Illinois all had home losses the game before we played them.

Yes, and I believe most (if not all) of our second of two games in 3 days are road games. 

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I actually don't think this is a bad matchup for us.  I know OSU has had much better results than us, but where is their real advantage they can exploit for a win?  

Seeing the Bucknut fans chatter, they are concerned about their guard play.  So if our guards come to play, could be a decisive matter.  Roll the dice on that one.

43 minutes ago, slojoe said:

The B1G has scheduled games on two days rest in the past.  Although I didn't have time to look up many years, in 1972-73 the B1G played on Saturday and Monday.  I'm sure there were other years with 2 days rest.

I remember growing up they played Thurday/Saturday games.  Also when they had 10 teams each team had a travel partner and it was a lot easier to keep track of the schedule

Here was the travel partners (IU-OSU) (NW-UW) (PU-UI) (UM-MSU) (IOWA-Minnesota).

If IU played NW on Thursday then OSU would play UW and on Saturday it just switched.

4 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Off topic a bit, but scheduling this many games in such a short time span--that has to be in the best interests of our "student athletes" right??

I know all the teams are faced with similar scheduling at least once throughout the course of the season. Just don't understand it.

As far as the game tonight, I am going to take a page from the Patriots coaching staff--take away the oppositions strength and make someone else beat you. If they can clamp down on Bates-Diop and make their other guys score, we may have a chance. Easier said than done, but only way we win, imo.

Actually that's the part that has Archie a bit ticked and me as well. Not all teams have that schedule.  For example. Purdue only had it once this year. 1st weekend in December. Sparty has 1 additional time for a total of 2. Same with Michigan. Ohio St has 3 total. 

My guess is because of the numbers we draw on TV we get the most of the 1 day rest games. It adds up and takes a toll for sure though. 

Could we beat OSU tonight.  Sure, any team can win on any given night.  Are the odds there that we do, no.  I would like to say that should win this game but talent wise, we're just not as talented as OSU.  They are on their home court and coming off a loss to a sub-par team.  We probably hang around in the first half and slowly slide away in the 2nd.  

What i am looking for though is are we playing hard, making good crisp passes and not turning the ball over.  And do we play hard nosed defense that forces them to take contested shots or beat us at the rim, not at the 3.

Archived