RIP Pete Carrill

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Had the great pleasure to have met and learned the Princeton offense from Coach and Bill Carmody. Was sitting right behind the bench when Princeton best UCLA in the Hoosier Dome. I called Princeton 3 weeks later and Coach invited me to come out over the summer and gave me enough material to last a lifetime.  Such a nice man

I was sitting behind the basket where Princeton hit the winning shot

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Everyone knew they would run a back door play.  They still won.

Fun video. Who says a game where the winning team wins with 43 points isn’t fun?   The video got a lot better when I was reminded that slimy Jim Harrick coached the other team.  

RIP

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Everyone knew they would run a back door play.  They still won.

The offense is truly unstoppable as long as everyone can dribble, pass and shoot reasonably well. No play would play us man to man for much of a game. The DEFENSE is always wrong and when guys buy into that this offense is hard to guard.

I took a coaching job at a big school and everyone thinks the Princeton offense is a stall, it can be be its also a quick hitter up tempts if you want to play that way. When I went to coach there I switched the name to Kentucky and the parents and players thought it was a dribble drive offense. All about perception 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1