NCAAF/National Scene

rico

17 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

You clearly don’t get it.  Plenty of money is a fart in the wind for the teams you listed above.  They would come of IU put out $10 million a year and a serious commitment to make the team better.  IU has never done anything remotely close to that.

I would rather out the money into the basketball program and the other programs that actually are competitive. I don't expect to compete with those top teams but the lower division of the conference and think we spend as much ad they do.

Edited by IU Scott

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would rather out the money into the basketball program and the other programs that actually are competitive. I don't expect to compete with those top teams but the lower division of the conference and think we spend as much ad they do.

If that’s how you really feel then why bitch and moan so much? Why bother watching the games if your expectations are so low?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If that’s how you really feel then why bitch and moan so much? Why bother watching the games if your expectations are so low?

Do you really think IU can compete with the top of the league on a consistent basis. I have 50 years of proof that isn't going to happen. What I think we should he able to compete with the rest of the league and think we have spent enough money to be able to do that 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Do you really think IU can compete with the top of the league on a consistent basis. I have 50 years of proof that isn't going to happen. What I think we should he able to compete with the rest of the league and think we have spent enough money to be able to do that 

Just don’t watch then. And btw, I’ve been around longer than you so give me a break about your 50 years. 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Just don’t watch then. And btw, I’ve been around longer than you so give me a break about your 50 years. 

I will watch anytime I want and critique the team how I feel fit to do so. So glad you are content being at the bottom of the league every year and not even competing with the likes of Maryland and Rutgers 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I will watch anytime I want and critique the team how I feel fit to do so. So glad you are content being at the bottom of the league every year and not even competing with the likes of Maryland and Rutgers 

Who said that I was happy about that. I know you have every right to post what you want here. You just bitch about everything. It’s a broken record. 
And btw, IU beat Rutgers 5 years in a row, but you knew that and didn’t want to make note of a positive. 

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Who said that I was happy about that. I know you have every right to post what you want here. You just bitch about everything. It’s a broken record. 
And btw, IU beat Rutgers 5 years in a row, but you knew that and didn’t want to make note of a positive. 

How about the 3 game losing streak to Rutgers the last three years. By the way just put me on ignore. You really talking  about me being a broken record, you have the same reply to the boiler fan Everytime he post here.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How about the 3 game losing streak to Rutgers the last three years. By the way just put me on ignore. You really talking  about me being a broken record, you have the same reply to the boiler fan Everytime he post here.

Your comment was that IU was at the bottom of the league every year and could not compete with Rutgers. I pointed out a fact that refutes your statement. You then change your tune.

And again btw, I have not communicated with Boiler for quite some time. And he’s posted here frequently lately 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Again that shows you don’t get it.  All college athletics start and stop with the success of the football team.  Investing in basketball is great but the most money is in football.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Again that shows you don’t get it.  All college athletics start and stop with the success of the football team.  Investing in basketball is great but the most money is in football.

I get it but it is bad to keep throwing money at a lost cause. Even if we spend 25 mil more a year on football we still won't be competing for a championship. That was my point was to think we have a chance to make the playoffs is pretty unrealistic. College football is not setup for teams like IU and the bottom half of conferences to compete on a consistent basis 

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I get it but it is bad to keep throwing money at a lost cause. Even if we spend 25 mil more a year on football we still won't be competing for a championship. That was my point was to think we have a chance to make the playoffs is pretty unrealistic. College football is not setup for teams like IU and the bottom half of conferences to compete on a consistent basis 

The basketball program hasn’t won a championship in 36 years and hasn’t been to the Final Four in 21. By your reasoning all the money should go to men’s soccer because they have been the only program to compete for championships on a regular basis 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Notre Dame and Stanford are two the best two examples of schools that have above average-to-elite non-football sports programs across the board.

But make no mistake, the football teams drive the bus and their revenue generation gives all those other sports some seats.

IU "punting" on its football team doesn't make any sense, practically, financially, symbolically, you-name-it-ally.

When you say, "I would rather put the money into the basketball program..." what money are you referring to? This statement assumes the additional money outside of basketball and "other programs" comes out of thin air. It doesn't. It's intrinsically tied to a/the football program.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I'm all for raising the bar but IU making the playoffs or competing for a championship is pie in the sky. I would take Matt Campbell's record at Iowa State without much disappointment.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Huskies hold on and beat the Beav 22-20.  Penix throws 2 tds and runs for 1.  Game was played in rain for the entire time.

And I thought I heard before the game they were actually underdogs. Glad the got the W. With the injury to Travis last night the last couple of playoff spots are going to be determined by a razor thin margin.

Looking forward to seeing what the CFP committee does. Especially with Florida St. I think Washington's resume is better but in an odd way I think Washington's resume is better than Michigan's given their close win at Maryland. 

I guess it will figure itself out this weekend. Loser of Michigan/Ohio St gets bounced. Loser of eventual Washington/Oregon gets bounced so who gets the nod after Georgia or does one teams win during the regular season outweigh the other 1 loss teams....i.e. Bama,