NCAAF/National Scene

rico

The Miami Hurricanes with one of the all-time coaching blunders resulting in a loss. Georgia Tech out of timeouts, clock running, Miami on 3rd & 10 snaps the ball with 34 seconds left and instead of taking a knee for a guaranteed win decides to run the football. Running back fumbles, Georgia Tech recovers with 25 seconds left. Georgia Tech then goes 74 yards in 4 plays to score the game-winning touchdown with 1 second left. What. The. Heck.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Dang it. I wanted to come here to laugh at the reversible jacket ND fans that we have here, but instead... Miami..  hahahahahaahahahahahahaha. 

@Seeking6 sorry. 

I'm more embarrassed by the first 59 1/2 minutes. Whole operation didn't show up. The last play was just the perfect kick in the nuts to end the night. 

OC said it's on him but can't believe nobody stepped in and said ummmm....take a knee here Einsteins.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

The Miami Hurricanes with one of the all-time coaching blunders resulting in a loss. Georgia Tech out of timeouts, clock running, Miami on 3rd & 10 snaps the ball with 34 seconds left and instead of taking a knee for a guaranteed win decides to run the football. Running back fumbles, Georgia Tech recovers with 25 seconds left. Georgia Tech then goes 74 yards in 4 plays to score the game-winning touchdown with 1 second left. What. The. Heck.

And the scary thing was his knee looked down before the fumble. All time dumb stuff last night in Little Havana.

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And the scary thing was his knee looked down before the fumble. All time dumb stuff last night in Little Havana.

It was super close, for sure. Just hard to fathom the lack of situational awareness and they really should have started taking a knee like 2 plays prior to that one. Every shotgun snap and run was just begging something bad to happen.

Then reading Cristobal made the exact same mistake at Oregon in 2018, wow. The guy sure can recruit but man oh man he needs a game manager in his ear or something!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

It was super close, for sure. Just hard to fathom the lack of situational awareness and they really should have started taking a knee like 2 plays prior to that one. Every shotgun snap and run was just begging something bad to happen.

Then reading Cristobal made the exact same mistake at Oregon in 2018, wow. The guy sure can recruit but man oh man he needs a game manager in his ear or something!

Canes have always been a target. Was it a mistake? Absolutely. Was it dumb? Sure....but I'm not going to go all Paul Finebaum on what happened. PF wants to talk all day on it because the SEC is down and it's easy because 99% of the country will always hate Miami.

Onto next week...but looking at the film. He was down. Shame on the ACC and as a Canes lifer I can go back to the BS in South Bend in 87, the Fiesta Bowl vs Ohio St and a few others.....never leave it in the hands of officials.

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Big Nebraska volleyball fan here. 

Also.. Irish fans, I think this is a solid team. No doubt Top 20, in my eyes. Too tough losses, ran into a buzz saw in Louisville. 

It appears that Notre Dame has a problem with their OC as well?

19 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Speculation on Dan Patrick was that Cristobal was trying to get that RB 100 yards?