NCAAF/National Scene

rico

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kind of confused. My point in this thread was I want college experience to be done after 5 years from high school graduation. Are you saying the NBA and NHL frequently have players who exceed the 5 years in college?

Your premise, I thought, was that the age gap gave the older players an advantage because they were more mature and stronger. I am saying that the pro sports I mentioned have young guys excelling v much older players and don’t see that age should matter. If the young guys are good enough they’ll find their spot 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Your premise, I thought, was that the age gap gave the older players an advantage because they were more mature and stronger. I am saying that the pro sports I mentioned have young guys excelling v much older players and don’t see that age should matter. If the young guys are good enough they’ll find their spot 

Got it! No clue on the actual numbers or studies. If kids are pro ready for NBA and NHL my guess is they are not the norm. In football and college hoops I'd say the non pro ready kids have a very distinct advantage being 24-25 over 19 year olds. Again...no knowledge of the exact numbers.

3 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

I guess Coach Prime is the real deal. I was so certain TCU would beat the crap out of Colorado, I bet TCU to cover -20.5. Oops! 🤷‍♂️

They had one of the worst defenses in power 5 last year. It isn’t much better but it goes to show if you have a qb and some play makers on offense you can beat just about anybody.

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Every Coaching staff in the country is now like thanks Prime. You overhauled an entire program in 1 off season and went on the road and beat the team who played for a title last year. Thanks. Now every fan base thinks that is that way it should be done. 

Our Hoosiers could use a Coach Prime.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Every Coaching staff in the country is now like thanks Prime. You overhauled an entire program in 1 off season and went on the road and beat the team who played for a title last year. Thanks. Now every fan base thinks that is that way it should be done. 

They have 84 new players. Turned over an entire roster in one off season

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

I feel sure that Washington is doing whatever they can promoting him in that regard.  Just have to see if what kind of season transpires for him.  He has a chance of getting mentioned, I think.

I wondered if his choice of school may set his chances back a little.

8 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Clemson got their arse kicked tonight by Duke. Methinks the shine is well gone from Dabo's star. 

When you have Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence you can look a whole lot smarter than you might be. Weird game for sure though. How quickly Clemson has fallen. Now looking at Florida St schedule...I don't see a loss for them this year.

• Like 1