NCAAF/National Scene

rico

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

First off. I'll say this. I like Fitz. Have met him more than a few times at various fundraisers, golf tourneys,etc...just a normal dude. Sucks at golf but otherwise good person.

What I'll say though has nothing to do with Fitz. Now this story is in the hands of the PR world. Northwestern who has always tried to pass themselves off as academics first sports second.....tried a Friday afternoon news dump in the middle of summer with dead recruiting period coming up and now they look weak. The academia types up there look like they were ok with looking the other way.

Locker rooms are different things. Not saying I agree or not they just are....but in this day and age some stuff you can over look and some stuff you can't. Right now though none of that matters. You have 2 student reporters that broke the story and now you countless national guys who went to Northwestern looking weak on turning the other cheek....all those ESPN Northwestern honks are scurrying to clean up their initial reaction.

Just a shame. I like Fitz. I think he's a good football coach. My fear is he'll be done by tomorrow.

Hire him as DC tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hire him as DC tomorrow night. 

He'll be employed asap if he wants....if in fact what I don't think should happen happens. Shoot between the Welsh and Ryan family he could be on the Bears staff in no time. Haha.

Really weird one here. From my experience with the Wilson stuff we had not everything makes it to the public no matter how many screenshots are sent.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Does anyone know what a naked slingshot is because when I googled it, I was not willing to click on any of the links. 

Not sure. I know my football players got caught playing dick chicken 3 years ago at camp 🤣

I'll stick to DMs to explain that one. 🙈🙈🙈

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Does anyone know what a naked slingshot is because when I googled it, I was not willing to click on any of the links. 

I heard they made the freshman do the bear crawl naked and also did things in the shower when naked

Edited by IU Scott

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

You think someone can make an 18-23 year old D1 Football player do something he doesn't want? 🤣  

Sure they can, hazing has happened for years and will probably keep happening. How many deaths have we seen in fraternity hazing where guys drank touch and got alcohol poisoning.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Or any time

Oh I agree I just meant it’s so much easier these days to prove stuff with social media versus say 15-20 years ago when it was more of a he said/she said situation. I was in high school not too long before a terrible hazing incident happened to the same program that I was a part of at Carmel. And I remember people asking me if similar things happened when I was there. Just awful when stuff like this happens. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh I agree I just meant it’s so much easier these days to prove stuff with social media versus say 15-20 years ago when it was more of a he said/she said situation. I was in high school not too long before a terrible hazing incident happened to the same program that I was a part of at Carmel. And I remember people asking me if similar things happened when I was there. Just awful when stuff like this happens. 

I think I remember that incident at Carmel