NCAAF/National Scene

rico

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

First, who is RJ Young?

Second, when was the last time Alabama was behind 5 other teams?

Finally, does he really think Deion can turn Colorado from the worst Power 5 team last year to a top 20 team in one season?

1.   Fox personality?

2.  Dunno

3.  Evidently

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, btownqb said:

some would blame this on the play call 

I mean, how can you not blame the play call? You gotta have at least three linemen blocking each Georgia DL. Everyone knows that.

10 o-lineman - direct snap to the running back. That's what they should have called there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

not a fan of the move

I love it, no reason some college games taking 4 hours to play. If we can also do something with the amount of TV timeouts it would be great. When most NFL games take right at 3 hours to play or just a little over that a college game should take that much longer.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Its 7 plays on average lol 

Loving it is odd. 

Where do you get 7 plays because what I remember that in the NFL teams averages about 60-65 plays a game, where in college it is over 80.  Never understood why you would stop the clock after a first down, don't make sense

Just now, IU Scott said:

Where do you get 7 plays because what I remember that in the NFL teams averages about 60-65 plays a game, where in college it is over 80.  Never understood why you would stop the clock after a first down, don't make sense

I like it. First down, stop the clock, to set the ball.. huddle/no huddle.. and lets go again. 

Most TV networks block off three hours for any given game, but everyone should know to set their DVRs to record at least an hour after the game if they want to re-watch. As it turns out, the average length of a college football game is 3 hours and 24 minutes, according to NCAA statistics.Jun 18, 2020

And as it happens, college football is currently the longest game of any major American sport: longer than the NFL, and more than an hour longer than college basketball and NBA games, and slightly longer than baseball games.Oct 29, 2022

Edited by IU Scott

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I love this rule change and have always thought it was a bad rule on college to stop the clock.

It wasn't a bad rule.  If it was they would have changed it years ago.  Nothing more than a change to accommodate TV scheduling imo.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

It wasn't a bad rule.  If it was they would have changed it years ago.  Nothing more than a change to accommodate TV scheduling imo.

To me when some college games started to lady 3:30-4 hours then it became a problem. With more and more teams running the spread offense and passing almost every down it caused longer games. Back when we were young and you saw a lot of teams run the ball most of the time it wasn't a huge deal.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me when some college games started to lady 3:30-4 hours then it became a problem. With more and more teams running the spread offense and passing almost every down it caused longer games. Back when we were young and you saw a lot of teams run the ball most of the time it wasn't a huge deal.

So you admit the clock isn't the problem it is incomplete passes stopping it all the time?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Some people just have their own vision for what a sport is supposed to look like, and when something comes along to change or challenge it, they see it as a threat. It's like the pitch clock in baseball.  

Love the pitch clock because it has made the game more entertaining to watch

Odd weekend at Colorado. First off. Colorado is getting exactly what they wanted. People talking about them because of Prime. Season Tickets are sold out. They had almost 50k for their Spring Game. That's all on Deion.

Now the strange part. WR Montana Lemonious-Craig entered the portal last night after being the star of the Spring Game Saturday. Some are suggesting he used the spotlight/notoriety of the Spring Game to promote himself and get better NIL offers? Colorado also had a 4 star DB back out of commitment as well.

Mission accomplished so far for Colorado. People talking about their program.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Odd weekend at Colorado. First off. Colorado is getting exactly what they wanted. People talking about them because of Prime. Season Tickets are sold out. They had almost 50k for their Spring Game. That's all on Deion.

Now the strange part. WR Montana Lemonious-Craig entered the portal last night after being the star of the Spring Game Saturday. Some are suggesting he used the spotlight/notoriety of the Spring Game to promote himself and get better NIL offers? Colorado also had a 4 star DB back out of commitment as well.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/colorado-players-in-transfer-portal-wave-of-buffaloes-exploring-exit-after-deion-sanders-spring-game-debut/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Their spring game event was bizarre to watch. It was the most “fake it till ya make it” thing I’ve ever seen in major sports. Deion seems to think his instant success in the HBCU world will translate in the power 5 realm and he’s in for a rude awakening. I get humility is not his style but his inability to manage expectations is going to blow up in his face. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Their spring game event was bizarre to watch. It was the most “fake it till ya make it” thing I’ve ever seen in major sports. Deion seems to think his instant success in the HBCU world will translate in the power 5 realm and he’s in for a rude awakening. I get humility is not his style but his inability to manage expectations is going to blow up in his face. 

Time will tell for sure. He's got of recruits coming. No clue if that translates to wins.....but they had 2000 tops at their spring game last year. This year almost 50k. Season tickets all sold out. So far it's a win.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

hahahah oh... I'm shocked not all is well in paradise. 

• Like 1