NCAAF/National Scene

rico

21 hours ago, Kdug said:

I could be wrong, but I thought NIL deals could not have any sort of playing time or performance stipulations.

NIL agreements must be based on an independent, case-by-case analysis of the value that each athlete brings to an NIL agreement as opposed to providing compensation or incentives for enrollment decisions (e.g., signing a letter of intent or transferring), athletic performance (e.g., points scored, minutes played, winning a contest), achievement (e.g., starting position, award winner) or membership on a team.

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

Ha! said it at the time.... 

Kirk H and Fowler called it Wing T... definitely not Wing T. 

Having watched the classic Wing T in my hometown for decades I was sitting there beer in tow going what are you talking about Kirk especially.....ain't no wing T in that formation. Classic Wing T would be the 4 going in motion and QB figuring out 2 or 3 back....in this formation I would have went 33 belly, maybe 22...or perhaps the 46 counter. At least that's what we called them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Having watched the classic Wing T in my hometown for decades I was sitting there beer in tow going what are you talking about Kirk especially.....ain't no wing T in that formation. Classic Wing T would be the 4 going in motion and QB figuring out 2 or 3 back....in this formation I would have went 33 belly, maybe 22...or perhaps the 46 counter. At least that's what we called them. 

Gawwwd... now we're talking my language. 

Growing up we ran our version of the wing T under center-- we would motion directly behind the QB and run Jet, belly, counter, double handoff, and boot.... 80% of our offense came from that every year. We would alter the other 20% of the playbook to fit the QB at the time. So.. when I played, we ran midline and then we had a much bigger dropback passing game then we do now. ...... 

Another example-- our defensive cord is a former QB, as well. He didn't have the best of legs... so we had even more of a dropback game with him, and an extensive screen game. 

Now... we run shotgun wing T... but it's spinner offense. So we motion behind the QB (on basically every play), but our blocking schemes are still very much wing T at heart. 

Some decent clips here. 

this is our jet. cool view. 

Full game from 2018 when we were ranked Top 5 in 3A. Game starts at 36 mins of this video. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Growing up we ran our version of the wing T under center-- we would motion directly behind the QB and run Jet, belly, counter, double handoff, and boot.... 80% of our offense came from that every year. We would alter the other 20% of the playbook to fit the QB at the time. So.. when I played, we ran midline and then we had a much bigger dropback passing game then we do now. ...... 

Another example-- our defensive cord is a former QB, as well. He didn't have the best of legs... so we had even more of a dropback game with him, and an extensive screen game. 

Now... we run shotgun wing T... but it's spinner offense. So we motion behind the QB (on basically every play), but our blocking schemes are still very much wing T at heart. 

Some decent clips here. 

Full game from 2018 when we were ranked Top 5 in 3A. Game starts at 36 mins of this video. 

Our offense was basically built in the 60's and 70's and honestly Oklahoma/Nebraska basically took it to the next level in 70's and 80's. We had years where we only passed the ball about 5x...I'll have to circle around on this conversation later today but I was still in shock they called that a Wing T. Haha....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Some decent clips here. 

The SC field should be a lot nicer next season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Good. Come coach the Colts.. win win for me. 

Let's see... The NCAA is in Indy. Wonder how many employees are Colts fans...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

I don’t understand how Michigan is supposedly using the violations as a reason to not negotiate with Harbaugh.  Are they seriously that dumb.  As the Herd said today, if this was Kirby smart you think the fans or Georgia would care?  Michigan is gonna let OSU take the East right back over.

UGA fans do not give a F... I can assure you that. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I had someone tell me today that Stoud was leaning toward staying at OSU.  NIL money is really good and he wants a chance to win the title.  I also wonder if he doesn’t like what he is hearing about his stock right now or who might take him.  

Just declared.....they would have to get a NIL package of almost $15M for 1 year to equal what his first contract will net him. Now let the Young or Stroud debate begin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just declared.....they would have to get a NIL package of almost $15M for 1 year to equal what his first contract will net him. Now let the Young or Stroud debate begin.

Signing bonus for the #1 pick is 24 mil. and the 5th pick is 19 mil. so I doubt he could get that in NIL

• Like 1