NCAAF/National Scene

rico

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Having to watch that 3OT Liberty Bowl was just awful!😏🤣

Summary of texts last night. I turned it off when it was 31-7 what the heck is this thing doing in OT? Only reason I tuned in was confidence pool points. Speaking of confidence pool....glad Oregon pulled that one out. They were either 1st or 2nd most favored going into bowl season.

Pulling hard for Penix tonight. First time I might watch college over pros.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Summary of texts last night. I turned it off when it was 31-7 what the heck is this thing doing in OT? Only reason I tuned in was confidence pool points. Speaking of confidence pool....glad Oregon pulled that one out. They were either 1st or 2nd most favored going into bowl season.

Pulling hard for Penix tonight. First time I might watch college over pros.

UNC/Ore was damn good too. 

• Like 1

I’m I the only one who finds Hoosier fans obsession with Penix a little odd? I don’t wish him ill will but man, some root harder for ex players than they do for the current ones. Godspeed Penix, but I’m rooting for the players who stayed through the thick and the thin. I call this NBA/Bob Knight syndrome. Players/personalities over teams. 😁

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I’m I the only one who finds Hoosier fans obsession with Penix a little odd? I don’t wish him ill will but man, some root harder for ex players than they do for the current ones. Godspeed Penix, but I’m rooting for the players who stayed through the thick and the thin. I call this NBA/Bob Knight syndrome. Players/personalities over teams. 😁

There's a feel about him that people want him to do so well so they can pile on the tragedy of IU football.  But there are a majority Of casual observers such as myself that just want to see a young guy do well who seems like a really good kid.  A good come back story with a ssnake bitten as he has been.

7 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

They all wanted him benched last season. 🤣🤣 

"Play Tuttle" we heard. 

Fair weather af around here truthfully. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one!  lol I want him to do well as he appears to have a good head on his shoulders but there are those who report on his every move. That’s a bit odd to me. To each their own I guess. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

There's a feel about him that people want him to do so well so they can pile on the tragedy of IU football.  But there are a majority Of casual observers such as myself that just want to see a young guy do well who seems like a really good kid.  A good come back story with a ssnake bitten as he has been.

But that's my point. Most of these guys are just using his success as a way to bash IU (again and again and again), they don't really care about Penix as a person.The same guys creating hypothetical situations where Penix stays at IU (like @btownqb mentioned) were screaming to bench him. Are they going to be rooting for Dasan and all the other transfers too?  How long are you going to root for "Texas Tech" just to prove a point? Time to move on. But like @Naturalhoosiersaid, to each their own.

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

But that's my point. Most of these guys are just using his success as a way to bash IU (again and again and again), they don't really care about Penix as a person.These same guys creating hypothetical situations where Penix stays at IU are (like @btownqb mentioned) the guys that were screaming to bench him. Are they going to be rooting for Dasan and all the other transfers too?  How long are you going to root for "Texas Tech" just to prove a point? Time to move on. But like @Naturalhoosiersaid, to each their own.

The TTU stuff was soooo weird. I was like 11 years old thinking... "you live in Indiana, take that damn Red Raiders hat off, fools" 

• Like 2

I criticize officials as much as the next fan. ND/South Carolina game right now. SC lined up to punt and penalty on the play because officials noticed 2 players had same number 0 for Carolina. I know it's not the biggest thing in the world but hats off for them even to notice honestly.

If ND had a QB this one might be different. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I criticize officials as much as the next fan. ND/South Carolina game right now. SC lined up to punt and penalty on the play because officials noticed 2 players had same number 0 for Carolina. I know it's not the biggest thing in the world but hats off for them even to notice honestly.

If ND had a QB this one might be different. 

Update...ND QB just made a perfect throw. 

• Haha 1