NCAAF/National Scene

rico

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

3 great games today and a JV-varsity scrimmage. 

No…. more like a Freshman/Varsity scrimmage…..😳lol

I’m sure PU fans are blaming the loss on missing players and other things…. LSU was also missing a number of players. It really frustrates me when players skip their bowl game to stay healthy for the NFL draft. I think it is extremely selfish! I mean, don’t we play our hearts out during the season to get a bowl bid, better yet, the best bowl bid possible? It’s like saying, “Yea, thanks for the great year, but your on you guys are on your own for this game.”😤

23 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I’m sure PU fans are blaming the loss on missing players and other things…. LSU was also missing a number of players. It really frustrates me when players skip their bowl game to stay healthy for the NFL draft. I think it is extremely selfish! I mean, don’t we play our hearts out during the season to get a bowl bid, better yet, the best bowl bid possible? It’s like saying, “Yea, thanks for the great year, but your on you guys are on your own for this game.”😤

It really goes back to Willis McGahee blowing out his knee in the Fiesta Bowl. I’m sure all of the agents are saying, unless you are a borderline draft pick, and you aren’t in the playoffs, there is only downside to playing. 

6 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It really goes back to Willis McGahee blowing out his knee in the Fiesta Bowl. I’m sure all of the agents are saying, unless you are a borderline draft pick, and you aren’t in the playoffs, there is only downside to playing. 

The thing is that there are guys who have gotten injured training for the combine and also during the combine.  People can get injured at anytime and if I am a GM I might not pick a person who skips the bowl game.  If you quit your team in college how do we know you won't do the same thing in the NFL.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is that there are guys who have gotten injured training for the combine and also during the combine.  People can get injured at anytime and if I am a GM I might not pick a person who skips the bowl game.  If you quit your team in college how do we know you won't do the same thing in the NFL.

Oh, I get it. But is a GM more likely to draft a guy who opts out or a guy who suffers an ACL injury. The agents are just looking out for their interests. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

We’re blaming the EXTENT of the loss to the players that didn’t play lol. I think if we both had our best rosters we’re still likely 2 touchdown losers. 

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

We’re blaming the EXTENT of the loss to the players that didn’t play lol. I think if we both had our best rosters we’re still likely 2 touchdown losers. 

It’s getting to the point where some of these bowl games aren’t worth watching. I feel like some of these bowl sponsors should have a clause that says, “If your football team accepts this bowl bid, the money allotted to the winner and losers will be issued ONLY to the team that officially  “qualifies”. Should any starting/impact  players decide to opt out, before the game, that team will be disqualified and lose it’s bowl bid.” Purdue just “stole candy from a baby” with that depleted roster. They got paid the same amount of money had they lost with a full roster. I guarantee the Citrus Bowl representatives were disappointed with that outcome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

This will never happen, but I think any team that becomes bowl eligible should have the players vote yes or no for playing in a bowl game. They could do it anonymously, and if the "no" votes exceeded a certain threshold, the team would decline a bowl bid and end its season. 

Of course, seeing Purdue's program lose money to get embarrassed on national TV wasn't a bad alternative. 

15 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

It’s getting to the point where some of these bowl games aren’t worth watching. I feel like some of these bowl sponsors should have a clause that says, “If your football team accepts this bowl bid, the money allotted to the winner and losers will be issued ONLY to the team that officially  “qualifies”. Should any starting/impact  players decide to opt out, before the game, that team will be disqualified and lose it’s bowl bid.” Purdue just “stole candy from a baby” with that depleted roster. They got paid the same amount of money had they lost with a full roster. I guarantee the Citrus Bowl representatives were disappointed with that outcome!

But a majority of the bowl games this year have been gun slinging, must see, thrillers.   

But i totally agree about sitting out, as does the famous Nick Saban lol.  I think these NIL payers need to put a no sit out clause.  

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

But a majority of the bowl games this year have been gun slinging, must see, thrillers.   

But i totally agree about sitting out, as does the famous Nick Saban lol.  I think these NIL payers need to put a no sit out clause.  

I thought so as well, I saw a stat that said the average score of the bowl games this year 53 pts which was the lowest in nearly 20 years. I found that shocking, every game I watched the score was at 80 or more it seemed. 

25 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I love that last line..... It is getting out of hand and only going to get worse if they don't start putting some stipulations or similar clauses.....

40 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I could be wrong, but I thought NIL deals could not have any sort of playing time or performance stipulations.