NCAAF/National Scene

rico

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not that surprising considering who’s not playing for Purdue. I do think it’s interesting that they decided to start a QB who can’t throw the ball. 

Might not have been a bad time to get Brady Allen some reps, if the new staff hadn't told him to hit the road. 

3 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Allen wasn’t going to start even if no one transferred in.  Take that from someone very close to the program.

And LSU had three opt outs on the DL alone.

Yeah that’s not surprising at all. 

And LSU had plenty of opt outs no doubt. But the difference between the two programs is that their back-up’s could still start at most B1G programs I’d imagine plus they didn’t lose essentially their entire coaching staff. Purdue lost all of their NFL talent to opt out (AOC, Jones, Durham, Graham, Holstege and Trice) or injury (Hartwig). I think we were starting walk-ons at CB lol. 

Few comments. My ire for all things Illinois is mostly hoops related. Bielema has an identity with his guys in short order. They didn't have a few guys today and to hold that offense to 13 is pretty impressive.

With that said (and I'm not a gambling guy, just pools, fantasy,etc...) first text I got was from buddy. He had Illini getting the 3.5. I guess that last second TD by State changed things.....wow. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Few comments. My ire for all things Illinois is mostly hoops related. Bielema has an identity with his guys in short order. They didn't have a few guys today and to hold that offense to 13 is pretty impressive.

With that said (and I'm not a gambling guy, just pools, fantasy,etc...) first text I got was from buddy. He had Illini getting the 3.5. I guess that last second TD by State changed things.....wow. 

I don’t like him but it has been impressive about how quickly he established an identity within the program.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Anyone have any Rose Bowl predictions?

I honestly picked Penn St when I had to a few weeks ago for my pool....but Utah is really good and wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them go something like 38-20 on Penn St. 

I've liked Utah for a long time. I think it's because their game was on late on Saturday's when the rest of the house was asleep. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I honestly picked Penn St when I had to a few weeks ago for my pool....but Utah is really good and wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them go something like 38-20 on Penn St. 

I've liked Utah for a long time. I think it's because their game was on late on Saturday's when the rest of the house was asleep. 

Good stuff.  I like the physical nature that Utah plays with.  

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm in on late night P12 games. 

• Like 2