NCAAF/National Scene

rico

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

Rumors are it was a stroke and that he's brain dead. 

I pray this isn't true. As a coach, he is someone I look up to... he is off kilt, he says what he wants but has reasoning behind it... imo he is a very logical person when he talks. 

He speaks with purpose. Man I pray for him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I pray this isn't true. As a coach, he is someone I look up to... he is off kilt, he says what he wants but has reasoning behind it... imo he is a very logical person when he talks. 

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/2022/12/12/mike-leach-heart-attack-mississippi-state-football-coach/69720334007/

39 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Yeah, this seems more specific/updated than what I had read earlier. I think there were assumptions based on the reports of brain damage. Seems like a pretty dire situation. I don't know a lot about him, but he's definitely a character. 

17 hours ago, btownqb said:

I wanted him as our Coach even before Hep. Just a sad story. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought with where Purdue is right now they could have gotten a guy with HC position 

Fair point. It’s always a crapshoot. Just because they’ve been a HC doesn’t mean they’ll work out. I’ll take my chances on a young, energetic, guy who’s rose through the ranks pretty fast. Should be able to recruit well too. 

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Dang man.  I loved his character.  Funny as heck.  Those kids and his family have to be devastated.  

One of my really good friends brother-in-law who was a former Indiana, Tennessee and I believe a Michigan assistant coach had a massive stroke a year ago right after retiring.

He is struggling mightily and is currently in assisted living getting rehab.

Prayers and condolences to the Leach family and friends.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

One of my really good friends brother-in-law who was a former Indiana, Tennessee and I believe a Michigan assistant coach had a massive stroke a year ago right after retiring.

He is struggling mightily and is currently in assisted living getting rehab.

Prayers and condolences to the Leach family and friends.

I think they said Leach had a heart issue.  Someone said heart attack.  Either way, devastating.  My MIL just got moved yesterday into an intensive rehab.  She's had a rough road, starting with an aneurism and then a stroke during brain surgery to remove an arterial malformation.  She's walking with assistance, brushing her teeth.  Talking ok, can still read.  Definitely praying for those hurting.  

• Like 1