NCAAF/National Scene

rico

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I get that…but what happens when you can’t watch us play? I can barely even find IU games on tv unless it’s against the big premier teams. We aren’t playing on Fox against Northwestern…that is going to air on some random streaming app like Big+ or Fox+ etc…the only reason we have any prime time games is when we play those teams. 

Are you still watching on a TV with rabbit ears on top? I don't think I've ever not been able to find an IU game when it was against a Big Ten team. 

11 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Are you still watching on a TV with rabbit ears on top? I don't think I've ever not been able to find an IU game when it was against a Big Ten team. 

For my family yes. I have YouTube tv so I have all those but a lot of my family has just over the air and the rest don’t have expanded sports packages with BTN etc. you typically know when you play OSU/Michigan etc you are getting prime time games on the major networks…when it’s the lesser opponents you may or may not have them on the traditional channels…I wasn’t 100% sure. I’m glad we have moved on from B1G+

B1G has their 16, SEC has theirs... 

ACC- Clemson, GT, VT, BC, UVA, Wake, Duke, UNC, NCST, FSU, Miami, WVU, Syracuse, UL, ND, Pitt

B12- Houston, TCU, TTU, Baylor, Kan St, Iowa St, Kansas, AZ, AZ ST, Utah, Cal, Stanford, Wash, Wash St, OKST, BYU. 

UCF, Cinci sorry boutcha. 

On 6/15/2023 at 6:55 AM, btownqb said:

B1G has their 16, SEC has theirs... 

ACC- Clemson, GT, VT, BC, UVA, Wake, Duke, UNC, NCST, FSU, Miami, WVU, Syracuse, UL, ND, Pitt

B12- Houston, TCU, TTU, Baylor, Kan St, Iowa St, Kansas, AZ, AZ ST, Utah, Cal, Stanford, Wash, Wash St, OKST, BYU. 

UCF, Cinci sorry boutcha. 

Coach Prime ain’t going to like that.

Nick Saban in November form and it's not even the 4th of July. Still complaining about not making the playoffs last year. Even said he was told they would have been favored vs 3 of those 4 teams that made it. 

Hey Nick since apparently point spreads are the best stats to determine outcomes here's one for you. Bama was -9 vs Tennessee.

The guy has every available resource at his disposal. He walks out of his front door and stumbles into a dozen 5 stars begging to play for Bama....and yet he still finds a way to complain. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Nick Saban in November form and it's not even the 4th of July. Still complaining about not making the playoffs last year. Even said he was told they would have been favored vs 3 of those 4 teams that made it. 

Hey Nick since apparently point spreads are the best stats to determine outcomes here's one for you. Bama was -9 vs Tennessee.

The guy has every available resource at his disposal. He walks out of his front door and stumbles into a dozen 5 stars begging to play for Bama....and yet he still finds a way to complain. 

Dan Patrick took a shot at Saban this morning about his whining.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The semi final games were both amazing games. Could have went either way. Sure the championship was a dud but that doesn’t change the fact it was exciting football. Saban can say what he wants but so what he would have been favored…he lost twice to teams he was favored over. Handle your business and there is nothing to complain about. I get it if they lost once but you lose two games and I’m sorry you weren’t the top 4 teams.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

The situation at NU sounds pretty rough. I wouldn’t be shocked to see more punishment there. 

Someone has plenty to explain for sure. Now the non local plebs are getting wind of it and running with it. Pat Ryan might have to explain why he thought 14 days was good enough...and why guys like Adam Rittensburg who work for ESPN and went to Northwestern have looked the other way.

I've never had an issue with Fitz or Northwestern. Some insecure folks from other Big 10 schools get a little ticked about Northwestern elitism in certain circles.

What I do know is that in this day and age you better be proactive when it comes to hazing and kids vs reactive. Whether I agree with that or not doesn't matter.

55 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The players said it's bogus. I'll side with them. 

I've been apart of many locker rooms/teams and a tough meat headed fraternity and now I sit at work typing this out in a lockeroom.  Where things get twisted is what is deem as hazing is in the mind of the accuser.  Usually it's all in fun teasing or just coming through the ranks or rising up the pecking order.  Like taking the trash out, cleaning toilets and moping floors.  In sports it's, get the towels, water bottles, bags, cooler, equipment.  Everytime I've ever had to tell someone to back off, they immediately have and quickly apologized and said they were just playing and all was cool.  But I've also been around people who are just straight up bullies.  If the collective team or group doesn't harness them in or put up boundaries, there are some out there that can cross the line.  

I've seen some goofing stuff but nothing that would ever cross the line of sexual abuse or harassment... per my definition.   Now a lawyer of a family seeking a pay day, I'm sure they could twist up something.      

Of course the majority of these players are not involved, if anything did happen.  So in light of the allegations,  I'd put a disclaimer out that I wasn't involved and deny as well.  

Here's where I stand.  2 weeks is a minor slap.  If they found that Coach was truly aware and clapping over a kids head essentially saying, take care of this one,  knowing he was going to get actually abused, he would have been fired in a quick jiffy.  The fact that he got 2 weeks means it was so minor and isolated, that it's a wake up call to everyone.   If it's happening,  knock it off or heads will roll next time.  Coach, pay better attention.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I've been apart of many locker rooms/teams and a tough meat headed fraternity and now I sit at work typing this out in a lockeroom.  Where things get twisted is what is deem as hazing is in the mind of the accuser.  Usually it's all in fun teasing or just coming through the ranks or rising up the pecking order.  Like taking the trash out, cleaning toilets and moping floors.  In sports it's, get the towels, water bottles, bags, cooler, equipment.  Everytime I've ever had to tell someone to back off, they immediately have and quickly apologized and said they were just playing and all was cool.  But I've also been around people who are just straight up bullies.  If the collective team or group doesn't harness them in or put up boundaries, there are some out there that can cross the line.  

I've seen some goofing stuff but nothing that would ever cross the line of sexual abuse or harassment... per my definition.   Now a lawyer of a family seeking a pay day, I'm sure they could twist up something.      

Of course the majority of these players are not involved, if anything did happen.  So in light of the allegations,  I'd put a disclaimer out that I wasn't involved and deny as well.  

Here's where I stand.  2 weeks is a minor slap.  If they found that Coach was truly aware and clapping over a kids head essentially saying, take care of this one,  knowing he was going to get actually abused, he would have been fired in a quick jiffy.  The fact that he got 2 weeks means it was so minor and isolated, that it's a wake up call to everyone.   If it's happening,  knock it off or heads will roll next time.  Coach, pay better attention.  

I've spent my entire life in a locker room or fraternity house, I get it. 

I don't believe this is a story. I don't believe in the original "motivations" that brought this story to light. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I've spent my entire life in a locker room or fraternity house, I get it. 

I don't believe this is a story. I don't believe in the original "motivations" that brought this story to light. 

Exactly.  Same.  

Not to mention, how many dudes are on a college football team.  There can be bad apples.  But the suspension was so light that it essentially equals nothing.  

And I can tell you with absolutely certainty that Universities take hazing very seriously these days.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 2

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Exactly.  Same.  

Not to mention, how many dudes are on a college football team.  There can be bad apples.  But the suspension was so light that it essentially equals nothing.  

I have deep opinions with this stuff. Can't share it them all on here. 

I will say, and it seems you know as well, a lockerroom+Fraternity House are NOTTTTT like this rest of society... it's just a completely different element. Hard to explain, but so sacred. 

Hazing also implies someone, essentially, had no choice NOT to participate. I don't believe that's what happened here. Some stupidity and immaturity, life lessons. Illegal and Hazing? Nope. Don't agree. 

• Like 1

First off. I'll say this. I like Fitz. Have met him more than a few times at various fundraisers, golf tourneys,etc...just a normal dude. Sucks at golf but otherwise good person.

What I'll say though has nothing to do with Fitz. Now this story is in the hands of the PR world. Northwestern who has always tried to pass themselves off as academics first sports second.....tried a Friday afternoon news dump in the middle of summer with dead recruiting period coming up and now they look weak. The academia types up there look like they were ok with looking the other way.

Locker rooms are different things. Not saying I agree or not they just are....but in this day and age some stuff you can over look and some stuff you can't. Right now though none of that matters. You have 2 student reporters that broke the story and now you countless national guys who went to Northwestern looking weak on turning the other cheek....all those ESPN Northwestern honks are scurrying to clean up their initial reaction.

Just a shame. I like Fitz. I think he's a good football coach. My fear is he'll be done by tomorrow.

• Like 2