NCAAF/National Scene

rico

Good points.  Plus most of their coaches are here.  It's not like JMU was able to prepare well.  I think it would have been a different outcome if Cignetti and staff were still there and fully prepared.  

Carpenter and Sarrat could start for us tomorrow.  The two LBs probably need to gain 10-15lbs and our strength and conditioning will do them well.  They struggled this game.  JMU just didn't look prepared on D or coached up.  Bostad will coach up the left tackle. He may play guard or be a rotational guy.  

Edited by Common Sense

Somebody with a brain has to figure out these portal dates moving forward. Bowl season just isn't the same for the teams. Sure the younger guys get a chance to show their talents but so many players opting out for portal and/or draft.

Florida St who is coming off an undefeated season has now lost 20 guys in the portal who won't be suiting up for the Orange Bowl. I don't even know what the line is for that game but Georgia by 50.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Somebody with a brain has to figure out these portal dates moving forward. Bowl season just isn't the same for the teams. Sure the younger guys get a chance to show their talents but so many players opting out for portal and/or draft.

Florida St who is coming off an undefeated season has now lost 20 guys in the portal who won't be suiting up for the Orange Bowl. I don't even know what the line is for that game but Georgia by 50.

What's the deal with fsu?  That seems like an fu to the program, coach, university, and conference.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

What's the deal with fsu?  That seems like an fu to the program, coach, university, and conference.  

I think there's a Nole on here somewhere that can say more but between the CFP snub, the President/Admin looking to leave asap, and a few other programs essentially  paying more it's been mass exodus out of Tallahassee. I know the Canes flipped a couple, Georgia did, Bama did and others. 

If I were guessing in this order it's $, $, $, and honestly player development. Going undefeated and getting snubbed doesn't speak well for them or the ACC as well. 

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think there's a Nole on here somewhere that can say more but between the CFP snub, the President/Admin looking to leave asap, and a few other programs essentially  paying more it's been mass exodus out of Tallahassee. I know the Canes flipped a couple, Georgia did, Bama did and others. 

If I were guessing in this order it's $, $, $, and honestly player development. Going undefeated and getting snubbed doesn't speak well for them or the ACC as well. 

Brutal.  If they get into B1G, I would think that makes them more attractive.  Pretty large divide in the money rolling in for the athletic departments.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Brutal.  If they get into B1G, I would think that makes them more attractive.  Pretty large divide in the money rolling in for the athletic departments.  

I know the Big 10 would love to have a footprint in Florida. Problem is and I don't know if it's still an issue is something to do with FSU academically/accredited,etc...probably doesn't apply anymore.

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know the Big 10 would love to have a footprint in Florida. Problem is and I don't know if it's still an issue is something to do with FSU academically/accredited,etc...probably doesn't apply anymore.

Florida St. is not a member of the AAU.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

They're not.  Found this just for reference.  

Howard vs. Florida A&M in the Celebration Bowl: 1.508 million viewers

Kansas vs. Indiana (basketball): 1.455 million viewers

I think that’s just the byproduct of football being more popular than basketball.  Look at the NFL vs NBA games on Xmas. NBA games were pulling 1.5m-2.5m. NFL games were pulling 20m+. 

Stars sitting out has wreaked havoc on gambling. I won’t place wagers any longer on bowl games. It’s too unpredictable. 

Edited by Naturalhoosier
  • Like 2