Hoosier Football: 2022 Season

rico

On 11/20/2022 at 4:38 PM, OLDIUFAN said:

The offensive line did play better! Dexter looked awesome. The OC will need to open up the passing game to even out the offense, but we definitely looked better. 
All about hitting Juco an Portal for upgrades for next year! Would love to beat Purdue! Go Hoosiers 

So what does "opening up the passing game" look like for a team that completed 2 passes in a double OT game?

What I'm reading says there's 10 other temas in front of us on the graduation rate determiner. So chance seems remote. Really, season came down - not surprisingly - to winning two of Nebraska, Maryland, Rutgers, Purdue. I'd say it's yet another underachievement (following last year's massive one). Particularly if we end up 0 for 4 in that grouping. 

I've found the defense particularly disappointing this season. I thought we had a lot of upper-class talent and key contributors returning and Allen back more involved in game. So, maybe I shouldn't be as concerned as I am, but when I look at the today's senior-day celebrants v. Purdue, my reaction is we'll be losing a lot of front-line contributors on that side of the ball. 

5 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

A fitting end to a second consecutive massively underachieving season. Hoping next year is considered a prove-it year for Allen. We'd be there now if not for the premature contractulation based on the outlier COVID season.

I want him gone but it was for two years where he went 8-5 and 6-2

Well, just answered this in game thread. I'm not even contesting the 8-5 year, which I didn't forget. I just think everyone overreacted to the 6-2 year (naturally so as desperate as fans were). And then we had unrealistically high expectations (media as well). And even in our delirium thought it might portent a legitimate turnaround in the program. Clearly that was horribly off. But Dolson made the extension with the same sort of thinking. I can't even blame him too much. But I can see the same old same old when I see it. Allen = a TON of HISTRIONICS, but little to show for it.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I want him gone but it was for two years where he went 8-5 and 6-2

• 3 weeks later...