Hoosier Football: 2022 Season

rico

12 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

It may just be me, but it seems eerily quiet with everything related to the IU Football team. I know we're in a downward spiral right now, but it man, it's like watching paint dry. 

I actually watched the end of the game just to get a look at the young guys who came in. Cooper Jones lined up at DT.  Carter Smith at RT.  Those two stood out to me.  Several others, including some young OL and LB, were out there.   

I would love to see us hit jucos and I guess the portal for D line in particular but also receiver, running back, and O line.  As bad as the line is, with a new O line coach and some promising young guys, our bigger need may be the skill positions where we lack playmaking. 

• Like 2

Just watched a replay of the IU/MSU game in 2016 which we won in overtime. We looked like a football back. Lagow was the quarterback and I really enjoyed the play calling and the toughness that team showed. It's too bad Wilson had has issues and was fired. I really think he was building and improving the program and would of been successful. 

Maybe Dolson should look at him again! (Just kidding)

59 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Nothing screams desperation more than ticket give aways and deadline extensions!!

Like I mentioned above, this isn't an unusual circumstance for a home game on Thanksgiving weekend. Students are not on campus, so they need to get as many people in the stands as possible. Obviously being terrible doesn't help, but this in not abnormal.

43 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Like I mentioned above, this isn't an unusual circumstance for a home game on Thanksgiving weekend. Students are not on campus, so they need to get as many people in the stands as possible. Obviously being terrible doesn't help, but this in not abnormal.

I don’t disagree. But I also remember my days in the late 90s where they were giving away season tickets.

Watching ARE for free…that was the life!

1 hour ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I don’t disagree. But I also remember my days in the late 90s where they were giving away season tickets.

Watching ARE for free…that was the life!

When I was in school, season tickets were like $50 and most students gave them away or didn’t go. IUFB student fans have always been apathetic. Obviously sucking doesn’t inspire many. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

I am suddenly feeling better about the Purdue game.

The o line is looking better, and Dexter adds another dimension to the offense.  Bell seems to have slowed the pace of the offense, and that takes some pressure off the defense.

Win the bucket, then go make some upgrades. Maybe some season ending momentum convinces certain guys not to transfer if they were thinking about it.

• Like 1

I know I'm wishful thinking about a bowl this year. That ship has sailed. It's almost impossible for IU to be considered for bowl, even if we beat Purdew Saturday and finish with a 5-7 record. I found this article, posted 6 years ago, about possible bowl eligibility with 5-7 record scenarios....

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ncaa-bowl-eligibility-6-6-2016/

I'd love to see IU get an opportunity for a bowl.... Again, wishful thinking on my part. What a great story that would be.

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I know I'm wishful thinking about a bowl this year. That ship has sailed. It's almost impossible for IU for IU to be considered for bowl, even if we beat Purdew Saturday with a 5-7 record. I found this article, posted 6 years ago, about possible bowl eligibility scenarios....

I'd love to see IU get an opportunity for a bowl.... Again, wishful thinking on my part. What a great story that would be.

I think I'd rather just end the season on a high note, beating PU. 

24 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I know I'm wishful thinking about a bowl this year. That ship has sailed. It's almost impossible for IU for IU to be considered for bowl, even if we beat Purdew Saturday with a 5-7 record. I found this article, posted 6 years ago, about possible bowl eligibility scenarios....

Good find. I didn't even realize that was a remote possibility. Not likely, but adds some excitement to the Bucket game. Let the guys play wide open in a home game, play spoiler to little brother, and possibly create an opportunity.  Zero pressure on us. Go get some guys!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1