High School Hoops

rico

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

So Flory gets to get recruited by Jack and Kanon during these events. Sigh 

It’s not inconceivable he wants to play with people he knows…who will be there for 2-4 years 

but I think it comes down to NIL, opportunity and comfort level 

IU beats Purdue in most of those categories and we have no idea if he is building friendships with IU coaches & players 

after watching him I’m not sure he is one & done 

Wasn't sure where to put this, so figured here since it's AAU related. So I'm coaching my sons 13U team in a tournament in New Jersey this weekend.

We had a game this morning and and right from the tip the other teams coach is screaming at his players. 

Dropping F bombs at them. Calling them sissies and pansies. Not in huddles or anything, screaming loudly during game play. 

It was insane. Come to find out after the game, the coach was non other than Mike Rice. Rice was fired as the head coach of Rutgers in 2013 for physically and mentally abusing his players. 

Kind of shocking that he's allowed to coach kids now. 

https://youtu.be/1T4YBKZ6WjA

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

Per wane.com:

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Two of the Highlight Zone’s top underclassmen have been named Indiana Junior All-Stars, as North Side’s Brauntae Johnson and Wayne’s Jevon Lewis Jr. have been tabbed to the Juniors’ Blue Group that faces the Indiana Senior All-Stars on June 7.

Johnson, a 6-foot-4 guard, averaged 20.8 points, 7.7 rebounds, 4.4 assists, and 3.6 steals per game for the Legends this past season. Lewis put up 16.6 points, 6.4 assists, and 2.1 steals a game while shooting 44% on threes while leading the Generals to the SAC title.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, so figured here since it's AAU related. So I'm coaching my sons 13U team in a tournament in New Jersey this weekend.

We had a game this morning and and right from the tip the other teams coach is screaming at his players. 

Dropping F bombs at them. Calling them sissies and pansies. Not in huddles or anything, screaming loudly during game play. 

It was insane. Come to find out after the game, the coach was non other than Mike Rice. Rice was fired as the head coach of Rutgers in 2013 for physically and mentally abusing his players. 

Kind of shocking that he's allowed to coach kids now. 

https://youtu.be/1T4YBKZ6WjA

That is absolutely insane.  He obviously learned nothing from his Rutgers experience.  

• Like 3

Just now, btownqb said:

what is the reasoning behind this? Jimtown has had some good football teams and beat us in state championship basketball game in 04. 

I have not heard the why.  I am trying to find out via my Whitko sources.  Hopefully I can hear something from a Valley source as well.

On 4/6/2023 at 1:25 PM, rico said:

I have not heard the why.  I am trying to find out via my Whitko sources.  Hopefully I can hear something from a Valley source as well.

John Glenn, Jimtown, and Bremen started this process after the South Bend school corporation did an analysis of its schools, and somehow voted to close South bend Clay(at least that’s the recommendation). So that means that there will only be 3 public HIgh schools in South Bend at some point in the very near future, so those 3 previously mentioned schools saw that they would be in a conference with 3 larger SB schools, an already consolidate Elkhart school, and the always massive Penn High school, so they decided it would be better for them to get into a conference with schools that have similar enrollments, instead of competing against those massive schools in the NIC. 

Edited by Milosh68

1 hour ago, Milosh68 said:

John Glenn, Jimtown, and Bremen started this process after the South Bend school corporation did an analysis of its schools, and somehow voted to close South bend Clay(at least that’s the recommendation). So that means that there will only be 3 public HIgh schools in South Bend at some point in the very near future, so those 3 previously mentioned schools saw that they would be in a conference with 3 larger SB schools, an already consolidate Elkhart school, and the always massive Penn High school, so they decided it would be better for them to get into a conference with schools that have similar enrollments, instead of competing against those massive schools in the NIC. 

That doesn't explain Tippecanoe Valley?

11 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

Those 3(especially Glenn) were the leaders in recruiting the other schools. Maybe Valley just liked the pitch.

May be.  I am thinking travel time?   But it really doesn't make any sense for TV to move to me.  I should be hearing the Whitko perspective in a few days.

• Thanks 1

Will throw this in here. Ben Davis big Zane Doughty has official to Ball St this weekend. I would say that's almost a perfect spot for him and hope that Lewis gets him. Really like this kids game (reminds me of Brunk) and honestly/unfortunately I could see him being a portal target in a couple of years.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Will throw this in here. Ben Davis big Zane Doughty has official to Ball St this weekend. I would say that's almost a perfect spot for him and hope that Lewis gets him. Really like this kids game (reminds me of Brunk) and honestly/unfortunately I could see him being a portal target in a couple of years.

He will end up at Ball State

• Like 2