High School Hoops

rico

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Put this series to bed and find some real competition or play the Junior team.  

Does it give a reason why he isn't playing?  

And, yes, I agree.  The series has ran its course and needs to be replaced with something else.  I used to go to the games years ago.  Packed houses every time.  It's a shell of its former self.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

And, yes, I agree.  The series has ran its course and needs to be replaced with something else.  I used to go to the games years ago.  Packed houses every time.  It's a shell of its former self.

Some BS reason like this lol 

And plenty of the lack of interest is one team fills a roster going D1 with 5-6 guys going Power 5, the other is full of D2/D3 basketball players, which no knock to those dudes, but they aren't much of an attraction and the games aren't close. 

Screenshot_20230531-072246_Chrome.jpg

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I want to hear Kentucky say, "No mas."

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah we’ve seen it before. Talent often gets trumped by a team that wants it and plays together and gives the extra effort.

Indiana was down 77-58 with 7 minutes to go and came back and took the lead but couldn't hold on.  No Xavier Booker for IN.  Last night IN won 95-74 despite no Myles Colvin. Burton had 26 pts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

Indiana was down 77-58 with 7 minutes to go and came back and took the lead but couldn't hold on.  No Xavier Booker for IN.  Last night IN won 95-74 despite no Myles Colvin. Burton had 26 pts.

Sounds like they didn’t take it too seriously. Probably a lot of guys out for me.

Brownstown beat North Central+Franklin on Sunday. St. X out of Louisville beat BC by 10 Benter+Hall didn't play. BC has also beaten Attucks, Greenfield Central, Lapel, South Oldham, and Martinsville this summer.

On Thursday they play Ben Davis, Noblesville, and Merrillville.

6'4-6'5 SR to be Adam Stahl has played well so far this summer.

I see these guys in the weight 3x a week, seems like Hall, Stahl, Benter, and Coomer have all grown. Good dudes.

Excited for a great winter/post season, hoping their season gets started late after a deep football playoff run.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks. Was starting envision some of these Catholic schools with low enrollments getting to face off vs Santa Claus.

I think this move will benefit my school in a very positive way (essentially always keep us 2A) I think that's what I heard last week at work. I'll check. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 9:41 PM, TheWatShot said:

Apparently Craig Teagle resigned from New Albany less than 2 months after taking the job and is now heading to Bluffton to replace Adam Gray...who also resigned less than 2 months after being hired. 🤔

https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/teagle-ready-for-next-stop-with-bluffton-boys-basketball/

• Thanks 1