High School Hoops

rico

• 2 weeks later...

Brownstown Central girls heading to state!Β 

Lady Braves play a very good schedule that had them prepared for the tourney! I think Brandon Allman is now 19-4 in the tourney in 5 years with 5 sectional championships, 2 regional championships, and 1 semi state.Β 

Brownstown Central replaced a coach that wasΒ 193-90 in 12 years with a coach that is now 100-40 in 5 years.Β 

Β 

This Semi State was held at Shelbyville.. even with the poor conditions there were 4K at the game last night.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lady Braves play a very good schedule that had them prepared for the tourney! I think Brandon Allman is now 19-4 in the tourney in 5 years with 5 sectional championships, 2 regional championships, and 1 semi state.Β 

Brownstown Central replaced a coach that wasΒ 193-90 in 12 years with a coach that is now 100-40 in 5 years.Β 

Β 

This Semi State was held at Shelbyville.. even with the poor conditions there were 4K at the game last night.

Great chance to win state in both girls and boys basketball. Β Luers will be tough, though. Β All their athletic teams have a habit of having decent to good regular seasons and then peaking at tournament time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Β 

I had to drive through Brownstown and the other day for workΒ 

1 hour ago, IUJoe said:

Great chance to win state in both girls and boys basketball. Β Luers will be tough, though. Β All their athletic teams have a habit of having decent to good regular seasons and then peaking at tournament time.

I think Luers is the pretty heavy favorite, but.. we do have a serious level of toughness to us.Β 

We are tougher than we are talented. They are a joy to watch.Β Β 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 12:48 PM, Danomatic said:

I was there also. My boy was the tall thin lefty #13. They played SC tight until the end… but it was a pretty good game for the most part. Couldn’t hit shots down the stretch.Β 

Appears we will likely see you guys again in the sectional semi-finals.Β Β 

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Appears we will likely see you guys again in the sectional semi-finals.Β Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Yep, I just hope we play to our strengths.Β 

This sectional is at Scottsburg?Β 

Thats crazy to have Charlestown or Madison not host, both have tremendous gyms.Β 

Sorry-- not at all a fan of the Pressure Cooker, especially not hosting an event as well attended as this will be.Β 

On 2/19/2024 at 1:24 AM, btownqb said:

Β 

Thats crazy to have Charlestown or Madison not host, both have tremendous gyms.Β 

Sorry-- not at all a fan of the Pressure Cooker, especially not hosting an event as well attended as this will be.Β 

Exactly… Scottsburg is not a convenient location to host anything really. Madison is really set up nicely from a convenience perspective. Both Madison and Charlestown have nice venues with plenty of parking. Lots of restaurants around the school in Madison too.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 1:24 AM, btownqb said:

Β 

They rotate it.Β  I much prefer Charlestown.Β  Probably my favorite 'new' gym.

Madison is great as well, but not centrally located.Β Β 

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

They rotate it.Β  I much prefer Charlestown.Β  Probably my favorite 'new' gym.

Madison is great as well, but not centrally located.Β Β 

I just don't think Scottsburg should be a host option. Neither should Austin. Salem and BC are debatable.Β 

SC shouldn't host.Β NH would fine, Corydon.. meh. Providence, Pekin no.Β 

Β 

Β 

SW Hanover isn't centrally located for the 2A sectional and they get to host it, which I am in favor of. Also--- they had people parked pretty far out last year--- they would bus people to the front door, it was friggin awesome.Β 

Β 

They don't rotate the 4A sectional either.Β 

Edited by btownqb