High School Hoops

rico

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I just don't think Scottsburg should be a host option. Neither should Austin. Salem and BC are debatable. 

SC shouldn't host. NH would fine, Corydon.. meh. Providence, Pekin no. 

SW Hanover isn't centrally located for the 2A sectional and they get to host it, which I am in favor of. Also--- they had people parked pretty far out last year--- they would bus people to the front door, it was friggin awesome. 

They don't rotate the 4A sectional either. 

...Nice win by our Jennings County Panthers, upsetting ranked Scottsburg last night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

slk6MVFMfWShG.gif

Just astonished at how petty that is. I have a lot of respect for Orleans, Coach Bradley, and their team. Have for years. 

Their current SR group-- Alston, Hall, and Allen are some kids I have coached in AAU and REALLY good kids, good families. It's a shame Orleans admin are still pouting about the ticket situation from last year.

Background-- BC has sold over 2200 season tickets the last two years-- they allotted 400 visitor tickets per game this year and last... Orleans, I'm pretty sure, had an issue with that last year, only gave us 200 tickets this year when we played @ Orleans..... 

But then stated that they had extra tickets for sale to the public at certain times this week--Brownstown had people show up to buy some, and they were turned away after Orleans admin ID'ed them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Just astonished at how petty that is. I have a lot of respect for Orleans, Coach Bradley, and their team. Have for years. 

Their current SR group-- Alston, Hall, and Allen are some kids I have coached in AAU and REALLY good kids, good families. It's a shame Orleans admin are still pouting about the ticket situation from last year.

Background-- BC has sold over 2200 season tickets the last two years-- they allotted 400 visitor tickets per game this year and last... Orleans, I'm pretty sure, had an issue with that last year, only gave us 200 tickets this year when we played @ Orleans..... 

But then stated that they had extra tickets for sale to the public at certain times this week--Brownstown had people show up to buy some, and they were turned away after Orleans admin ID'ed them. 

That's nutz! and extremely petty for sure

• Like 1

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Orleans publicly stated they have remaining tickets---- had set times they were going to sell tickets-- and then started ID'ing people who were there to buy them.... and wouldn't sell to Brownstown people? 

That's something

As a fallback option, they can always listen to the award winning radio team.  :coffee:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yes every year one of best conferences in state at 3 A.

They've had 3 different 2A teams, as well, go to finals within the past 15 years--- Austin, Pekin both winning-- BC making their 2nd appearance. 

SC, Corydon, Salem, and NH all having appearances in the finals. SC winning one. All 3A 

When Salem made the finals they beat BC in the semi state. 

• Like 2

Congratulations to the Gibson Southern Lady Titans beating Norwell 63-60!

The ladies let a big 18 point lead slip away, but in spite of committing 25 turnovers they managed to hold on for the W! The team made 11 three-point field goals which is a new IHSAA state championship record in all classes!! Can CMW use these girls??

31 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Hey, come on up to Noblesville where we have # 1, 2, 5, and 10 (Sagarin) all in the same sectional this year!  Actually, all six teams are in the top 25.  Meat grinder.

It's a fantastic sectional and a grouping I would put against anyone's in the country, for a collection of 6-8 teams, in the same "district/sectional" whatever. 

Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, Attucks, North Central, Cathedral, Warren Central and Indy Tech is another grouping of teams that is next to absurd. Just a little down compared to most years, but still. Shew 

• Like 1

Tonight's only half over, but so far in the state tournament this year, in the first night and a half, there have been 4 teams score LESS THAN 20 points in complete games.  Barr Reeve beat Washington Catholic 91-13 tonight.  Trinity Greenlawn scored 10 whole points last night.  A host of other teams have scored in the 20's.  Connersville beat Franklin County 30-25 in OVERTIME.

People complain about class basketball.  Can you imagine some of these scores if these teams were playing Mega Schools?  Indianapolis Herron scored 17 last night against Guerin Catholic.  What kind of damage would Fishers or Ben Davis inflict on them?

I don't ever remember a season where there were this many really bad teams. 

• Sad 1

Was at the Scottsburg sectional tonight to watch Silver Creek top Madison and hung around to watch Scottsburg dispose of Corydon.  I mention that because Scottsburg has a chance to win a state title this season.  Very balanced and veteran team with 4 seniors and 1 junior in the starting lineup.  Not deep at all, however   So, this season is obviously their opportunity if they are going to do it.  So, my question to the Scottsburg coach is why he's playing his starters up 32 with three and a half minutes left.  One rolled ankle and your opportunity is gone. 

Sure your bench is inexperienced.  But, they aren't going to give up a 30 point lead in 3 minutes. It wasn't until the Corydon coach cleared his bench first that Scottsburg did theirs.  I'm a Silver Creek fan, so if that injury scenario plays out, it benefits my team.  But, your team and your fans deserve better.  Your bench should have been cleared 3-4 minutes before it was.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Was at the Scottsburg sectional tonight to watch Silver Creek top Madison and hung around to watch Scottsburg dispose of Corydon.  I mention that because Scottsburg has a chance to win a state title this season.  Very balanced and veteran team with 4 seniors and 1 junior in the starting lineup.  Not deep at all, however   So, this season is obviously their opportunity if they are going to do it.  So, my question to the Scottsburg coach is why he's playing his starters up 32 with three and a half minutes left.  One rolled ankle and your opportunity is gone. 

Sure your bench is inexperienced.  But, they aren't going to give up a 30 point lead in 3 minutes. It wasn't until the Corydon coach cleared his bench first that Scottsburg did theirs.  I'm a Silver Creek fan, so if that injury scenario plays out, it benefits my team.  But, your team and your fans deserve better.  Your bench should have been cleared 3-4 minutes before it was.  

Because Richardson is 100% clueless. Scottsburg knew for a long time they'd have a great team these two.years... 

They responded by having a 150th+ ranked schedule in the state... absurd. 

Also-- Scottsburg has chose not to be deep. Within the past 2 years they could have developed depth but they chose not to.