High School Hoops

rico

21 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Was at the Scottsburg sectional tonight to watch Silver Creek top Madison and hung around to watch Scottsburg dispose of Corydon.  I mention that because Scottsburg has a chance to win a state title this season.  Very balanced and veteran team with 4 seniors and 1 junior in the starting lineup.  Not deep at all, however   So, this season is obviously their opportunity if they are going to do it.  So, my question to the Scottsburg coach is why he's playing his starters up 32 with three and a half minutes left.  One rolled ankle and your opportunity is gone. 

Sure your bench is inexperienced.  But, they aren't going to give up a 30 point lead in 3 minutes. It wasn't until the Corydon coach cleared his bench first that Scottsburg did theirs.  I'm a Silver Creek fan, so if that injury scenario plays out, it benefits my team.  But, your team and your fans deserve better.  Your bench should have been cleared 3-4 minutes before it was.  

The Madison/SC game was a pretty good game. We’ve been battling upper respiratory infections at our house over the past two weeks, and I have bronchitis as well. Needless to say, my son wasn’t able to play much, only in short spurts. That being said they return their top four scorers and will get back their primary post player that missed all season due to an ACL Tear from football season. 

We didn’t stick around for the Scottburg/Corydon game due to not feeling well. But you’re right, if Scottsburg is ever going to get it done, it’ll be this year. Hopefully SC gave them a better fight tonight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

The Madison/SC game was a pretty good game. We’ve been battling upper respiratory infections at our house over the past two weeks, and I have bronchitis as well. Needless to say, my son wasn’t able to play much, only in short spurts. That being said they return their top four scorers and will get back their primary post player that missed all season due to an ACL Tear from football season. 

We didn’t stick around for the Scottburg/Corydon game due to not feeling well. But you’re right, if Scottsburg is ever going to get it done, it’ll be this year. Hopefully SC gave them a better fight tonight. 

The SC vs Scottsburg game was a good one.  I think Silver Creek's only lead was 19-17, but the game stayed within 8 points most of the night.  Scottsburg briefly took it out to double-digits, but the final margin was 5 or 6 points.  5 if you believe the scoreboard.  6 if you believe the John Harrell site.    

There was one flurry in the 2nd quarter where Silver Creek turned it over 3 or 4 possessions in a row that had more to do with the outcome than anything. in the end, Scottsburg was the better team tonight and over the course of the year.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

My Braves rolled tonight. Sullivan next week. 

Find a W there and see if the IHSAA will let us play in Seymour in the semi state.. 🤔🤞

Good luck the rest of the way.  I have a lot of respect for Coach Benter and the way he gets maximum performance from his players.    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

The Eels take down Bloomfield 50-30….next up Bethesda Christian.

also Barr-Reeve over Orleans 76-67 in 5 OTs…no that’s not a mistype

Be interesting to see where they send us all. 

I think Washington, Loogootee, and Southridge all getting to host is lame. 

Edit--- nevermind--- looking at the map you're aboit guaranteed to be sent to Martinsville. 

Edited by btownqb

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Be interesting to see where they send us all. 

I think Washington, Loogootee, and Southridge all getting to host is lame. 

Yea curious to see too. Interestingly enough Northview won too so would be crazy if Northview and Clay City go to the same regional site. Clay County would fill the gym by itself. I’m curious to see where CC goes. Washington, Loogootee, Seymour, Martinsville all seem like possibilities.

Just now, gnet550 said:

Yea curious to see too. Interestingly enough Northview won too so would be crazy if Northview and Clay City go to the same regional site. Clay County would fill the gym by itself. I’m curious to see where CC goes. Washington, Loogootee, Seymour, Martinsville all seem like possibilities.

I edited my first comment.. you guys will get sent to Martinsville, I think. 

Although--- you and Northview might both get sent to Lebanon, too. Idk stupid Lebanon is a host in the south. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I edited my first comment.. you guys will get sent to Martinsville, I think. 

Although--- you and Northview might both get sent to Lebanon, too. Idk stupid Lebanon is a host in the south. 

In the past we have been sent to Martinsville. Lebanon is an outlier lol that’s for sure….kind of like although very historic New Castle being a South Semi-State host lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

In the past we have been sent to Martinsville. Lebanon is an outlier lol that’s for sure….kind of like although very historic New Castle being a South Semi-State host lol

I'll take a stab.. 

I think 3A (I understand it doesn't have to work like this).. sent to Lebanon-- Guerin, Northview, Danville, and Indy Wash) 

You guys and Beth Christian to Martinsville... Parke Heritage Northeastern to Martinsville 

Scottsburg Batesville at Seymour

Oldenburg Greenwood at Seymour

Forest Park Switz at Southridge 

Christian Academy Barr Reeve at Southridge 

Trinity Ev Christian at Loogootee 

BC Sullivan at Loogootee

LN Avon at Southport

Franklin Center Grove at Southport

Jeff Ev Harrison at Washington 

Southridge Ev Bosse at Washington 

Park Tudor Irvington Greenfield 

Ben Davis New Pal Greenfield 

1 hour ago, gnet550 said:

Lol forget the whole last post... we are both getting sent to.Washington. 

I'll probably be there.