High School Hoops

rico

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

Lol forget the whole last post... we are both getting sent to.Washington. 

I'll probably be there. 

Well you were right about Northview lol I will be there….my sons will be with a group of boys sitting down low in the “dog pound” lol 

best of luck to your team as well!

14 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Well you were right about Northview lol I will be there….my sons will be with a group of boys sitting down low in the “dog pound” lol 

best of luck to your team as well!

Little under a 2hr drive from me... I live in Columbus, not Brownstown. 

I'd assume you guys will have quite a few more ppl there than your opponent.  

SW Hanover, Loogootee, Noblesville, Scottsburg, Forest Park, Princeton and Tipton were all packed to the brim last night. 

I'm sure Alexandria, Seymour, Greensburg, New Castle, East Central, and Laf Jeff were all near capacity, as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

Scottsburg, yet again, lucks out and gets sent to Seymour. 

That probably has more to do with them playing Batesville and you guys playing Sullivan.  In the old format, the Greensburg sectional winner used to get sent to Washington.  But, with the setup now, that makes no sense.    

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That probably has more to do with them playing Batesville and you guys playing Sullivan.  In the old format, the Greensburg sectional winner used to get sent to Washington.  But, with the setup now, that makes no sense.    

Well--- we should be playing Switzerland Co. That was my point. Forest Park should be playing Sullivan. 

If Scottsburgs sectional had gotten matched up with Boonvilles, they wouldn't play in Seymour. 

I am not a fan of them randomizing, drawing the regional pairings. I feel it should be on sectional #, then if you want to go random for the semi state, since it's 2 games now, I'm fine with that. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well--- we should be playing Switzerland Co. That was my point. Forest Park should be playing Sullivan. 

If Scottsburgs sectional had gotten matched up with Boonvilles, they wouldn't play in Seymour. 

I am not a fan of them randomizing, drawing the regional pairings. I feel it should be on sectional #, then if you want to go random for the semi state, since it's 2 games now, I'm fine with that. 

Oh, I agree with the randomization thing.  Taking it further, I don't like the 1 game regional format period.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Oh, I agree with the randomization thing.  Taking it further, I don't like the 1 game regional format period.

What would your perferred format be? I kinda liked the 2 game semi state, NGL. 

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You know y'all are making me homesick...

Our 3rd best player (6'7 Colby Hall) had a major ankle sprain Wed night... 

This is a year where there is an extra week between Semi state and star... I haven't spoken to the trainer or one of my buddies that an asst, so not sure the length of his injury.. but it'll be 4.5 weeks from injury to state title game. 🤞🤞🤞

We just gotta get there. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Top is F2 good night.  Draymond level 

Bottom in a normal game might be F1 or play on 

What if I told these both occured with less 50 secs to go in the game and the team in blue was down 15 pts and their best player had fouled out... 

And there two other plays like this, as well..crazy to me. 

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

Little under a 2hr drive from me... I live in Columbus, not Brownstown. 

I'd assume you guys will have quite a few more ppl there than your opponent.  

Yes, probably all of Clay City will attend plus many alumni lol at WRV against Bloomfield, Clay City probably filled up 65-70% of the gym

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

What if I told these both occured with less 50 secs to go in the game and the team in blue was down 15 pts and their best player had fouled out... 

What happened on the first one? I can’t tell what happened, but the official threw him out immediately so it must have been an obvious dirty play. 

15 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

What happened on the first one? I can’t tell what happened, but the official threw him out immediately so it must have been an obvious dirty play. 

I had to watch it a couple of times.  Focus on the player on the opposite side of the lane.  He bull-rushes across the lane and totally clocks the opposing player.  To make it more obvious, the rebound came to his original side of the lane.  He wasn't making any sort of basketball play.  He was intent on hurting someone.    

Edited by 5fouls
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

It seemed really obvious the top was premeditated.  

• Like 1

I did not see any of the sectional at Greensburg but looking at the scores there were some close games but man just basing on the scores I would think it was pretty boring. How do you play an OT game at 30-25 or 3OT 38-36. I can understand when a 1A is going against a much better team but in the 3A section to have all the games  in the 30's or 40's seems unwatchable. This coming from a coach that played 2 games in the 20;s trying to steal a win. 

29. GREENSBURG [BRACKET]
1 Tue Greensburg 43, Rushville 27
2 Wed Connersville 30, Franklin County 25, OT
3 Wed Batesville 49, South Dearborn 45
4 Fri Lawrenceburg 38, Greensburg 36, 3OT
5 Fri Batesville 48, Connersville 31
6 Sat Batesville 44, Lawrenceburg 36

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I did not see any of the sectional at Greensburg but looking at the scores there were some close games but man just basing on the scores I would think it was pretty boring. How do you play an OT game at 30-25 or 3OT 38-36. I can understand when a 1A is going against a much better team but in the 3A section to have all the games  in the 30's or 40's seems unwatchable. This coming from a coach that played 2 games in the 20;s trying to steal a win. 

29. GREENSBURG [BRACKET]
1 Tue Greensburg 43, Rushville 27
2 Wed Connersville 30, Franklin County 25, OT
3 Wed Batesville 49, South Dearborn 45
4 Fri Lawrenceburg 38, Greensburg 36, 3OT
5 Fri Batesville 48, Connersville 31
6 Sat Batesville 44, Lawrenceburg 36

Respectfully, that collection of teams just isn't that good currently/this season.