High School Hoops

rico

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Damn that’s some high praise man I’m glad to hear it!

I think he’s definitely good enough to play just a logjam of guys in front of him so we’ll see what happens. I fully expected Ryan Cline to redshirt and he didn’t so who knows.

One thing I love about Benter is his all-around game. I think for some Purdue fans, they thought he’d be another Cline/Stefanovich/Mathias but I think he has a much better all-around game. Would you agree?

I think he's worlds ahead of the group you mentioned, and Loyer, as a HS SR. 

Again, that's comparatively, to where all 5 of them were as 18 yr olds. 

Just now, btownqb said:

I think he's worlds ahead of the group you mentioned, and Loyer, as a HS SR. 

Again, that's comparatively, to where all 5 of them were as 18 yr olds. 

I love Loyer but he’s just so damn skinny haha. I feel like Benter has more potential on defense because of his build/height compared to the other guys mentioned. Appreciate the insight and congrats on the state title man that’s legit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I love Loyer but he’s just so damn skinny haha. I feel like Benter has more potential on defense because of his build/height compared to the other guys mentioned. Appreciate the insight and congrats on the state title man that’s legit. 

I would challenge that there have been very few 2A teams better than ours. 

6'7 6'6 6'5 6'3 6'1 starting line up 

6'6 off the bench-- 4 40% 3pt shooters 

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@IU Scott respectfully, I thought going in that should be the outcome if we played well at all.... which we did. 

Benter is a mismatch nightmare in HS, especially at the 2A level. 

Coomer hits 3s against Park Tudor, like he did today, that games outcome looks different. 

They were very impressive today. They had the size and length over Waphahani at every position 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I would challenge that there have been very few 2A teams better than ours. 

6'7 6'6 6'5 6'3 6'1 starting line up 

6'6 off the bench-- 4 40% 3pt shooters 

Are you on your way back home. We went to Kilroy's and now just waiting for the night games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

They were very impressive today. They had the size and length over Waphahani at every position 

I'll be pulling heavily for Scottsburg in the 3A game. 

Clancy, Miller, and Richardson all played a couple of years of AAU with Benter and Hehman from BC. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Happy for @btownqb for sure. Anyone see that behind the back pass from Benter to the kid in the corner.....love that stuff.

That was nasty!!! 

Also.. the kid who hit that, Micah Sheffer, is our starting QB and will be a D1 golfer. GREAT KID!!! 

Hit two huge 3s in the 2nd half

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

That was nasty!!! 

Also.. the kid who hit that, Micah Sheffer, is our starting QB and will be a D1 golfer. GREAT KID!!! 

Hit two huge 3s in the 2nd half

I noticed Micheal Lewis was at the game, wonder if he was there to watch the Waphahani player.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Boom. Scottsburg gets the W. 

2 state titles in the same conference. 

I came on here to ask you.  Do you know if that's ever been done in the same year?

Congrats to the Braves.

My son and I had planned on going to all the sessions today,   But, I was sick Thursday and Friday.  Felt better today, but needed to get my lawn mowed since I couldn't do it the previous two days.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I came on here to ask you.  Do you know if that's ever been done in the same year?

Congrats to the Braves.

My son and I had planned on going to all the sessions today,   But, I was sick Thursday and Friday.  Felt better today, but needed to get my lawn mowed since I couldn't do it the previous two days.  

Man we had a gob of people there. Scottsburg even more. 

And yes with the girls it for sure has. 

Boys I haven't heard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Boom. Scottsburg gets the W. 

2 state titles in the same conference. 

Explain, to this Kentucky guy, how two teams from the same conference can win titles in different classes. Are conferences just determined by location, doesn’t matter class? 

Edited by kyhoosier29

11 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Explain, to this Kentucky guy, how two teams from the same conference can win titles in different classes. Are conferences just determined by location, doesn’t matter class? 

Yep. 

Your districts would be our sectional. 

18 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

The Mid-Southern, the conference in question, has 9 teams.  6 are in Class 3A.  3 are in Class 2A.  Classes are based on enrollment. Conference alignment is not class dependent to allow for teams that move up or fall in enrollment.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

So you could be a 1A team competing against a 4A team during the regular season, but it’s split up come tournament time? 

Usually conferences are confined to one or two classes, though it's not prohibited from being 3 or 4.  But, schools that much different in enrollment probably do not want to be in conferences together given the choice.

Edited by 5fouls

Just now, 5fouls said:

Usually conferences are confined to one or two classes, though it's not prohibited from being 3 or 4.  But, classes that much different in enrollment probably do not want to be in conferences together given the choice.

That’s what I was thinking.